Antimalware Service Executable – In Windows 10, Antimalware Service Executable has an crucial role in the Windows Defender Services. It can reduce the speed of the computer and the CPU processing power.
If you are a user of Windows Defender then you must have seen the high CPU usage issue for a long period on the system. The problem can be easily resolved by following a few steps that can prevent the Antimalware Service Executable High CPU from blocking your system’s resources and helps to keep your computer machine run smoothly.
Fix Antimalware Service Executable High CPU Windows 10
Solution 1: Scheduling options of Windows Defender can be changed
While the Windows Defender is running the scan process there is a high memory usage which is a reason by antimalware service executable. We can solve the issue by scheduling the complete scans for the system whenever the CPU feels drained out.
1. Go to the task bar to click Start Menu and search for ‘task scheduler’ in the search box. Click on the application in the results to open the program.
2. Click the Task Scheduler Library from the navigation panel. Proceed to expand the files and navigate to the following: Library/Microsoft/Windows/Windows Defender.
3. After opening the Windows Defender, click at the option name Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.
4. Go for Conditions tab and uncheck the options and then go for the ok option on the screen. This will help to clear the scheduled scans on the system.
5. It is essential to proceed with some scheduled scans in the computer to protect the system and enhance the system’s performance by boosting the CPU. To proceed with it, click the Windows Defender Scheduled Scan and then select all the tabs and go for the New option.
6. After that, according to the needs build a new scan schedule by selecting the options on the menu. It is always recommended for weekly scans as it will increase the CPU usage in the system.
7. The same process should be repeated for the other three services that are Windows Defender Cleanup, Windows Defender Cache Maintenance, and also the Windows Defender Verification. These services are found in the path:
Library/Microsoft/Windows/Windows Defender folder in the system.
Solution 2: In the Window’s Defender’s exclusion list add the Antimalware Service Executable
The Windows Defender checks itself for every file on the computer system during the system scans. This can result in some source of system lag in the computer application. So To prevent this step, the Windows Defender should be instructed to skip it while the process of system scan continues in the CPU.
1. To open the Windows Task Manager press Ctrl+Shift+Esc key from the keyboard.
2. From all the processes, ‘Antimalware Service Executable’ should be searched and select the process. Then open the File Location by clicking on the same option in the system.
3. The path location of the Antimalware Service Executable can be saved and copied for further use. Then copy the path.
4. Search for Windows Defender in the Start Menu and click on the result to open the Windows Defender Security Center easily.
5. Select the Virus and threat protection option from the list of menu and then select the Virus and threat protection settings from it.
6. Search for the Remove exclusions option and select the option by clicking it. Next, go to Add an exclusion option and select the folder where the full copied path should be pasted to the Antimalware Service Executable address bar.
7. The Antimalware Service Executable is found at MsMpEng.exe in the Run box. Finally, by clicking the open option the required folder will get excluded from the scan process of the system.
Solution 3: You can disable the Windows Defender
If the issue is not solved by executing both the mentioned solutions then you can disable the Windows Defender. But it can lead to cyber-attacks to the system so, it will be the critical and serious step for the system. An best anti-malware product should be removed before doing the process of removing Windows Defender from the system.
- Click the Windows+ R key from the keyboard to have the Run box.
- Then, type regedit and click the ok option to have the Registry Editor on the desktop.
- Click the folders in the navigation panel to navigate them THROUGH HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender.
- Search for a registry named DisableAntiSpyware and click on it to set the value to 1.
- If the name DisableAntiSpyware is not visible then click on the Registry Editor panel to select the New DWORD value. And then name the registry entry as DisableAntiSpyware. Finally, double click the option to set the value to 1.
Solution 4: The Malware Infections should be checked
It is possible that Windows Defender is disrupted by some malicious process in the computer’s performance that should be stopped. Scan the system with an anti-malware solution to check the malware in the computer system which can affect the ability of the computer.
Windows Defender comes free with the Operating System of the system and thus it is an important tool for the computer.
Through the discussed steps the Antimalware Service Executable high disk can be controlled and the computer’s performance can be enhanced.
- How To Use Google Sheets Offline
- Best Games Like Stardew Valley
- Best Free MMORPG
- Airdroid Alternative
- Best Tumblr Alternative
- Best Android Emulator For Windows 10
- How To Screenshot On Snapchat Without Them Knowing
- Error Code 0xc0000005 In Windows 10
- Best Free VPN For Android
- Best Uninstaller For Mac
- Best IPTV Apps For iOS
- Chrome Components