Graphics card plays an important role for the better visibility of images, videos and playing games. You need a good graphic card for the smooth functioning and better performance of your system as the best graphic card provides better and smoother visuals. Most of the users have AMD driver and facing troubles like crashing issues.
AMD driver crashing on Windows 10 is due to outdated or corrupt drivers. In that situation, you need to install the latest AMD drivers on Windows 10 to fix the AMD driver crash.
Update All AMD Drivers In one click with Driver Booster
How To Fix AMD Driver Crashing Issue
In this article, we will discuss of top 6 methods to get rid of the AMD driver crashing issue on Windows 10.
Method 1: By updating AMD drivers
If you are facing an AMD driver crash in your system then there is a higher probability that it is because of an outdated driver. In that case, first, you need to update the AMD drivers to the latest version for fixing the AMD driver crashing on Windows 10. Below are the steps that you need to follow for this method:
- Firstly, you need to open the device manager, for this press Windows + X keys on the keyboard together to open the page otherwise click on the type here to search bar next to the windows icon on the desktop and type Device Manager and choose the very first search result option.
- When the Device Manager windows open up, look for the Display adapters option and click it to expand the category.
- Now just, right-click on the AMD driver and choose Properties in the given options.
- In the properties window, click on the driver tab and then click on the Update Driver option.
- It will update your AMD driver quickly.
- At last, restart your PC to check whether you are still facing the AMD Driver crash or not.
In case you are still facing the AMD driver cash issue then go for the next method to resolve the problem.
Method 2: By cleaning the Graphic card
If you are facing an AMD crashing issue on Windows that then it may be because of a lot of dust on your graphic card fan. So, you need to clean the fan by opening the computer case. Take out the graphic card and clean the dust properly from its fan.
And if your computer is in warranty period then you can go to the shop and let the shopkeeper do it.
Method 3: Update Windows
Usually, AMD driver crashing on Windows 10 occurs due to the outdated Windows version. In this situation, you need to make sure that your computer OS is having the latest version or not. You need to follow some steps to update your Windows.
- Firstly, go to the start icon and click on the settings options in the list.
- When you land on the Windows settings page, click on the Update & Security.
- In the next window, on the left-side click on Windows Update, after that click on check for updates.
- Windows will find the latest version, if available download them.
- Restart your computer and check if you are facing the same problem or not.
Method 4: Uninstall your Browser
A lot of users faced the AMD driver crashing issue on Windows 10 because of their browser. So, if you are also facing the same then uninstall your browser to fix the issue. Many users have found that Google Chrome and Firefox are responsible for the AMD driver crash issue. So, uninstall Google Chrome and Firefox from your system and install any other reliable browser for preventing the driver crash issue.
Method 5: By reinstalling the AMD drivers
The AMD driver crash issue can also be fixed by reinstalling the AMD drivers on your PC. Follow the simple steps to reinstall the AMD drivers:
- Firstly, you need to open Device Manager, for this press Windows + X keys together on the keyboard to open the Device Manager window.
- When you land on the Device Manager window click on display adapters to expand the category and right-click on your graphics card. After that click on uninstall option in the given list.
- When the driver successfully got uninstalled, go to the manufacturer’s website and install the latest version for your driver.
If you find installing the latest drivers from the manufacturer’s website quite difficult or you don’t know how to install the drivers from the site then must choose the next method to easily install the AMD driver.
Method 6: Update AMD driver using Driver Booster
Updating the driver with the driver updater tool is always the best option. Driver Booster is the best driver updater software that quickly scans outdated, corrupted, and missing drivers of your system. It has the fastest scanning speed also it works offline. It is one of the most reliable driver updater software which is free of cost. It is an automatic method that requires only two steps to install the latest driver. It doesn’t require any computer skill also it doesn’t consume a lot of time. You can easily update the AMD driver using Driver Booster to fix the AMD driver crashing issue on Windows 10. Below are the steps that you should follow to use Driver Booster to update your drivers.
- Firstly, you need to download driver booster software.
- When the download completes, install the software in your system
- Now, launch Driver Booster and click on the Scan option
- It can quickly detect missing and outdated drivers on your system and presents a list in front of you
- You can choose which driver you want to update and click on the update option given next to the outdated driver
- If you want to update all the drivers at once then click on the update all option given bottom of the page
At last, restart your computer and check your system if you are facing an AMD driver crash. Driver Booster will automatically update your AMD driver and fix the crashing errors.
Why does my AMD driver keep crashing?
If your AMD driver keeps crashing then it would be because of outdated and corrupt drivers. Sometimes the drivers face crashing issue due to the outdated version so to get rid of the problem you should update the AMD drivers of your system.
Are AMD drivers still bad?
AMD driver is creating trouble for its users since 2019. It is not providing proper functioning and the system is crashing again and again while playing games or installation process. AMD driver blackens the screen quite often due to the AMD driver crash.
How do I fix my AMD driver problem?
There are several methods through which you can fix the AMD drivers problem. Some of the methods are:
- Install the updated AMD drivers
- Clean the graphic card of your system
- Stop the browser extensions
- Uninstall your browser
How do I roll back my AMD drivers?
Below are the steps you need to follow to roll back to your AMD drivers:
- Firstly, go to the start icon and type Device manager in the search box and choose the very first option in the search result.
- In the device, the manager page locates the display adapters and expand the category.
- Choose the driver you want to roll back and right-click on it then click the properties option.
- In the properties window, navigate to the Driver tab and then click on the rollback driver option.