Whether you want to play android games, access social media application and want to run other android programs on PC then you need an android operating system.
In this article, we have listed the 15 best Android OS for PC with their pros and cons. It will make it easy for you to select the best Android operating system.
Here are my top rated Android Operating System for PC you must use.
- LD player
- Chrome OS
- Lineage OS
- Nox Player
- Fyde OS
- Phoenix OS
15 Best Android OS for PC (32, 64-bit Free Download)
Let’s get started.
1. LD player
LD player is the best Android OS for PC that offers a amazing gaming experience on Windows OS. It is a free Android OS that can change your system into an Android gaming platform. It has several advanced features like macro support, intelligent keymapping, increased FPS, Multi-instance, etc. which makes it the leading Android OS for computer.
With the LD player, you can freely run unique smartphone games on your PC without any trouble. Apart from solo games it also supports multiplayer games online like Free Fire, Brawl Stars, Clash of Clans, etc. with great speed.
- It supports Windows 7, 8, 10 and 11
- It is available on both desktops and laptops
- It has built-in Custom mapping and macros
- It has no cons.
Reason to Download: LD Player offers intelligent keymapping, thus the system can intelligently identify different scenes and offer smart controls for gamers.
Must Read – LDPlayer Review
Bluestacks is the most popular Android OS for PC for offering an advanced gaming experience. It is the Android Operaing system through which you can run android applications on any PC or laptop. This tool is light-weighted android operating system in the market.
It allows you to play games on different screens simultaneously. In addition, it has a feature of game recording and it is quite useful to make videos on YouTube.
- It is easy to use and requires easy setup
- It can create shortcuts for Android apps
- No registration is required to download and install
- It allows you to install apps from stores and APK files
- It doesn’t support Linux
- Default home screen can’t be customized and lags a lot
- With the free plan, you will get more popup ads
- Default launcher hides almost all normal android functionalities
Reason to Download: Bluestacks offers intuitive game controls, plenty of advanced features, and high quality graphics.
Also Read – Best Bluestacks Alternatives
PrimeOS is another best Android OS for PC that is suitable for both laptops and PCs. If you want an Android OS for the system that offers the exact Android experience on your desktop then PrimeOS is the best option.
You can play several Android games and applications with ease. The tool supports both Windows and macOS platforms. It has a built-in file manager and has a user-friendly interface.
- Offers complete Android ecosystem with Desktop interface
- Thrice better performance than windows budget laptop
- Android gaming on PC
- It offers better performance than any other operating system
- Windows software is not compatible
Reason to Download: PrimeOS offers multi-window support with maximize, minimize, close, resize options and offers near ASOP experience.
4. Chrome OS
Another best Android OS for PC is Chrome OS that is specially created for non-tech savvy people. When you download Chrome OS 88 Beta you will get to access the advanced features. Chrome OS offers some features in its new updates such as better privacy, performance improvements, extension manifest, and ad blocking optimization.
If you are searching for the Android OS for PC which provides you with the same Android environment on your computer or laptop then you should use Chrome OS. It supports Windows, macOS, and Linux platforms.
- It offers fast and smooth operations
- It is an affordable and portable computer
- Integration with the Android Operating system
- It is created for average daily productivity
- Not appropriate for advanced users
- Chromebooks need to use Google Cloud Printing to print
Reason to Download: ChromeOS is known to be very fast and stable; hence it’s worth giving it a try.
Openthos is another best Android OS for PC available in the market that delivers the exact feeling of the android on a computer. But the drawback is that it can operate on only a 64-bit computer. It is easy to download and install Openthos.
It is an open-source Android OS based on Android-x86. This tool is created by Chinese developers and is an open-source project. It is a secure and easy-to-use tool. It is a robust platform that is created to run Linux and Android applications on your Windows OS.
- UEFI Boot Manager with support for Windows, Linux, and OS X
- It supports Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms
- Light-weight native GUI
- It includes Multi-window, File manager, and task manager
- Doesn’t support 32-bit computer
Reason to Download: Openthos is a free and open-source project besides being secure and easy to use.
6. Lineage OS
Lineage OS is another another android operating system for PC which allows you to install apps, playing games, etc. It is also open-source platform that has gain popularity in a very short span. It offers you a fast installation process and a better interface. This tool is compatible with Galaxy S 2, Moto Z3 Play, Nexus 7 2013, and Galaxy Tab S6. Previously, it was known as Cyanogen OS.
- Lock screen for advanced security
- Regular updates are released
- It has a “Privacy Guard” feature to permit you to manage app permissions
- Experience pure stock android
- Rooting is also a security issue, some banking apps doesn’t run on the rooted device
- You need to unlock the bootloader which is a security issue
- If the developer stop support, you need to switch to another build
Reason to Download: LineageOS is known for its stability and providing a Google-less environment.
Genymotion is another good Android OS for PC. It comes in 4 different versions free, On-demand, Premium, and Cloud. It offers you the best picture quality like the smartphone in Windows PC with its high-definition resolution support.
Genymotion offers a great gaming experience and is also good for testing android applications.
- You can install it in several ways
- Requires simple setup
- It has a vast library of emulated devices and custom devices
- It offers a free version
- The paid version is quite expensive
- It doesn’t come with apps installed
- It doesn’t allow to set a custom display resolution
- The free version is for non-commercial purposes only
Reason to Download: Genymotion is great for beginners as it offers ease of navigation and control of the program.
8. Nox Player
Nox Player is one of the ideal Android OS for PC Computers. It works as an Android phone on your PC also offers a great gaming experience. You can play your favorite Android game on the Windows system.
It offers fast and smooth access without any lag or hanging errors. You can enjoy even graphics games on Windows system and Mac with Nox Player.
- Completely free to use Android Operating system
- It supports Joystick control and online board
- It is compatible with Windows and Mac PC
- Sometimes the error occurs when installing applications
- When it has over 5 apps it starts lagging
Reason to Download: The benefit of using Nox Player lies in the fact that it comes with Google Play Store integrated with it.
9. Fyde OS
Fyde OS is one of the well-known Android OS for PC. It was previously known as Flint OS and when it is acquired by Neverware it is named Flyde OS. With the Fyde OS users can take advantage of Chromium as well as Android apps in one OS.
If you are having a 32-bit computer then you can use Fyde OS but when it comes to 64-bit, it offers you a great computing experience in terms of both Chromium and Android apps.
- The features are almost equal to the Chrome OS
- Easy user interface
- Easy to setup
- It supports Mac OS, Linux, Web browser (OS agnostic) and Windows 10
- It doesn’t support dual-boot
- There is no Google play support
- Doesn’t support 32-bit computer
Reason to Download: The Fyde OS acts as a Chrome OS fork for China and helps them access Android app support.
10. Phoenix OS
Phoenix OS helps you to play your favorite android games on your desktop with a great gaming experience. With the Phoenix OS, you can easily run android apps and games on the big screen.
Phoenix OS provides multi-window support to allow users to work on multiple apps simultaneously.
- It offers a great gaming experience
- Regularly updated and brings new features
- Accelerated gaming
- It comes with Nougat
- It contains a lot of ads
- It is snappy for the games
- Google Play service is not updating
- 32-bit version is no longer supported
Reason to Download: Phoenix OS is a lightweight desktop environment for Android applications and it offers multi-window support, desktop icons, and taskbar.
11. Bliss OS
Bliss OS is a free and open-source android OS for computers. It offers you the great experience of using android applications and games on your Windows PC. One of its special features is that it allows you to open the app in a windowed mode so that you can run more applications side by side. It offers you three different user interfaces; Desktop, tablet and stock.
If you are using a touch screen laptop then you can use the tablet mode for easy access. It is compatible with Macbooks, PC and Chromebooks. Also, it supports BIOS/CSM and UEFI boot. It offers you a great gaming experience by including octopus in it.
- This tool offers ARM virtualization
- It includes task and pixel launcher
- It comprises gamepad configuration
- Having Google Play Store by default
- It provides restricted hardware support
Reason to Download: BlissOS offers plenty of customization options.
12. Android x86
Android x86 is one of the most popular bootable android OS for PC that offers you the exact experience of an Android like environment on your Windows PC. This is a lightweight program that doesn’t put pressure on your disk space.
It will offer you similar features and interface as you are actually using a smartphone. It also has a play store from where you will get all your favourite android apps.
Android x86 is the powerful Android operating system for laptops that don’t require any customization.
- Supports both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
- It supports multi-window
- Open-source software
- Slow performance
Reason to Download: Android x86 is an open-source project that introduces Google’s mobile operating system to Intel and AMD machines with the help of RISC.
13. Remix OS
Remix OS is another Android OS for PC that offers you a great experience of using Android apps and games on your Windows PC. The software supports both 32-bit and 64-bit OS. You can use this Android OS on your Windows PC either installing this on your hard disk or using a bootable USB Drive.
Although RemixOS has been discontinued and didn’t get updated for a long time you can still download it from the website. It supports a personal PC with x86 and ARM architecture.
- It has a notification drawer at the bottom right of the taskbar where you will get all the notifications
- Supports drag and drop feature
- It has an integrated RAM Management Software
- It also includes an integrated search menu
- Allows you to run multiple apps at the same time
- You need to purchase peripheral
Reason to Download: Remix OS is a cross-platform and Android-based OS that is capable of running on most computers that have an x86 chip.
If you want an Android OS for laptop and gaming, then GameLoop is the ideal choice for you. It is an excellent choice for being used as a gaming platform and allows you to play popular games like Call of Duty: Mobile and PUBG Mobile, Fortnite, Grand Theft Auto V, and more.
With this best Android OS for low end PC, you can access numerous popular Android mobile games on your PC.
- It offers a wide choice of game releases.
- Users can play various games.
- Offers an anti-cheat system for creating a safe gaming environment for gamers.
- It is a gaming platform only.
Reason to download: If you miss playing your favourite Android games on your PC, then installing this Android emulator can solve your problem.
AndY is an Android operating system for PC which is based on VMWare Player. The best thing about this app is that if you root it then it allows you to access more apps. This is a colossal app whose installation weighs around 3GB.
AndY too lets you bring Android gaming to your PC as it offers support for Xbox and PlayStation controllers, and also lets you utilize your Android smartphone as the gamepad.
- It is available for both Mac and Windows.
- Offers the option of rooting.
- The learning curve is high.
Reason to download: It lets you use your Android phone as a gamepad.
Conclusion On Best Android OS For PC
So, here is a round up on the list of 15 best Android OS for PC that can help you play games or use your Android phone apps on your PC. You can review the pros & cons and decide which suits best for you and download it on your Windows PC. Do let us know your thoughts in the comments section.
Is there any Android OS for PC?
Yes here is the list.
- LD Player
- Prime OS
- Phoenix OS
- Bliss OS
- Fyde OS
Which is the best Android OS for PC?
LD player is one of the best android operating system which offers a great gaming experience to the users.
How can I download Android x86 on my PC?
Here are some steps you need to follow to download Android x86 on your PC:
- Firstly, download ISO file from a mirror site
- When you install the file, create a bootable USB disk
- Now, select the “Install Android x86 to hard disk” option
- Now, select disk partition or you can choose an existing partition to install Android x86
- You can also install it to an external disk
- Select the “do not reformat” option to not lose the important files
- At last, follow the given instructions to complete the installation process.
How do I install Android software on my laptop?
You can easily install Android apps on your laptop by using the Android OS. It is one of the safest and effective ways to install Android software.