If you want to get the Android features on computers then you should install the Android OS for PC Computers. There are several Android operating systems for PC available you need to choose the best one. Whether you want to play android games, access social media application and want to run other android programs on PC then you need an android emulator on you computer.
In this article, we have listed the 15 best Android OS for PC with their pros and cons. It will make it easy for you to select the best Android operating system.
Let’s get started.
15 Best Android OS for PC Computers 2022
1. LD player
LD player is the best Android OS for PC that offers a delightful gaming experience on Windows OS. It is a free Android OS that can change your system into an Android gaming platform. It has several advanced features like macro support, intelligent keymapping, increased FPS, Multi-instance, etc. which makes it the leading Android OS for PCs. With the LD player emulator, you can freely run unique smartphone games on your PC without any trouble. Apart from solo games it also supports multiplayer games online like Free Fire, Brawl Stars, Clash of Clans, etc. with great speed.
- It supports Windows 7, 8, 10 (64 Bit)
- It is available on both desktops and laptops
- It has built-in Custom mapping and macros
- It is a free Android OS emulator
- It has no cons.
Next on the list of Best Android OS for PC comes is Bluestacks. It is the most popular Android OS for PC for offering an advanced gaming experience. Bluestacks is the Android OS for PC through which you can run android applications on any PC or laptop. It is light-weighted and one of the fastest Android emulators available in the market. It allows you to play games on different screens simultaneously. In addition, it has a feature of game recording and it is quite useful to make videos on YouTube.
- It is easy to use and requires easy setup
- It can create shortcuts for Android apps
- No registration is required to download and install
- It allows you to install apps from stores and APK files
- It doesn’t support Linux
- Default home screen can’t be customized and lags a lot
- With the free plan, you will get more popup ads
- Default launcher hides almost all normal android functionalities
Also Read – Best Bluestacks Alternatives
PrimeOS is another best Android OS for PC that is suitable for both laptops and PCs. If you want an Android OS for the system that offers the exact Android experience on your desktop then PrimeOS is the best option. You can play several Android games and applications with ease. The tool supports both Windows and macOS platforms. It has a built-in file manager and has a user-friendly interface.
- Offers complete Android ecosystem with Desktop interface
- Thrice better performance than windows budget laptop
- Android gaming on PC
- It offers better performance than any other emulator
- Windows software is not compatible
4. Chrome OS
Another best Android OS for PC is Chrome OS that is specially created for non-tech savvy people. When you download Chrome OS 88 Beta you will get to access the advanced features. Chrome OS offers some features in its new updates such as better privacy, performance improvements, extension manifest, and ad blocking optimization. If you are searching for the best Android OS for PC which provides you with the same Android environment on your computer or laptop then you should use Chrome OS. It supports Windows, macOS, and Linux platforms.
- It offers fast and smooth operations
- It is an affordable and portable computer
- Integration with the Android Operating system
- It is created for average daily productivity
- Not appropriate for advanced users
- Unwanted when users own other devices
- It better suits for fast and reliable Internet connection
- Chromebooks need to use Google Cloud Printing to print
Openthos is the best Android OS for PC Computers available in the market that delivers the exact feeling of the android on a computer. But the drawback is that it can operate on only a 64-bit computer. It is easy to download and install Openthos. It is a free and open-source Android OS for PC Computers based on Android-x86. It is created by Chinese developers and is an open-source project. It is a secure and easy-to-use tool. It is a robust platform that is created to run Linux and Android applications on your Windows OS.
- UEFI Boot Manager with support for Windows, Linux, and OS X
- It supports Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms
- Light-weight native GUI
- It includes Multi-window, File manager, and task manager
- Doesn’t support 32-bit computer
6. Lineage OS
Lineage OS is one of the best Android OS for PC which allows you to install apps, playing games, etc. on Windows systems. It is an open-source platform that has gain popularity in a very short span. It offers you a fast installation process and a better interface. It is compatible with Galaxy S 2, Moto Z3 Play, Nexus 7 2013, and Galaxy Tab S6. Previously, it was known as Cyanogen OS.
- Lock screen for advanced security
- Regular updates are released
- It has a “Privacy Guard” feature to permit you to manage app permissions
- Experience pure stock android
- Rooting is also a security issue, some banking apps doesn’t run on the rooted device
- You need to unlock the bootloader which is a security issue
- If the developer stop support, you need to switch to another build
Genymotion is another good Android OS for PC. It comes in 4 different versions free, On-demand, Premium, and Cloud. It is a free Android OS for PC Computers that is easy to use and also offers flawless speed. It is one of the robust and versatile Android OS for PC Computers. It offers you the best picture quality like the smartphone in Windows PC with its high-definition resolution support. Genymotion offers a great gaming experience and is also good for testing android applications.
- You can install it in several ways
- Requires simple setup
- It has a vast library of emulated devices and custom devices
- It offers a free version
- The paid version is quite expensive
- It doesn’t come with gapps installed
- It doesn’t allow to set a custom display resolution
- The free version is for non-commercial purposes only
8. Nox Player
Nox Player is one of the ideal Android OS for PC Computers. It works as an Android phone on your PC also offers a great gaming experience. You can play your favorite Android game on the Windows system. It is a free Android OS for PC Computers that allows you to run Android apps on Windows as well as Mac seamlessly. It offers fast and smooth access without any lag or hanging errors. You can enjoy even graphics games on Windows system and Mac with Nox Player.
- It is a free Android OS emulator
- It supports Joystick control and online board
- It is compatible with Windows and Mac PC
- It is the fast and smooth emulator
- Tilting games automatically rotated the screen
- Sometimes the error occurs when installing applications
- When it has over 5 apps it starts lagging
9. Fyde OS
Fyde OS is one of the well-known Android OS for PC Computers also it is a popular Chrome OS. It was previously known as Flint OS and when it is acquired by Neverware it is named Flyde OS. With the Fyde OS users can take advantage of Chromium as well as Android apps in one OS. If you are having a 32-bit computer then you can use Fyde OS but when it comes to 64-bit, it offers you a great computing experience in terms of both Chromium and Android apps.
- The features are almost equal to the Chrome OS
- Easy user interface
- Easy to setup
- It supports Mac OS, Linux, Web browser (OS agnostic) and Windows 10
- It doesn’t support dual-boot
- It is a Chinese software
- There is no Google play support
- Doesn’t support 32-bit computer
10. Phoenix OS
Another popular Android OS for PC Computers Phoenix OS. It gives you pleasure to play your favorite android games on your desktop with a great gaming experience. It is a free and light-weighted Android OS for PC systems that you need to download on your Windows PC. With the Phoenix OS, you can easily run android apps and games on the big screen. Phoenix OS provides multi-window support to allow users to work on multiple apps simultaneously.
- It offers a great gaming experience
- Regularly updated and brings new features
- Accelerated gaming
- It comes with Nougat
- It contains a lot of ads
- It is snappy for the games
- Google Play service is not updating
- 32-bit version is no longer supported
An extension for a Chrome browser, this Android OS for PC can run Android apps on Windows. ARChon is developed by Vlad Filippov. You can easily make ARChon a part of your daily workflow through the Windows OS system by using a few simple steps. It must be incorporated into the OS as an unpacked extension. ARChon does not have any elements of a user-facing interface. Above all, ARChon is a completely free app to use.
- Android compatibility has relatively improved for being an open-source platform.
- It can be conveniently downloaded on any modern PC.
- You can also try it with macOS and Linux.
- Once installed, it is an invisible service that does not show up anywhere but always runs in the background each time you start Android.
- This extension can only download Chrome OS apps.
- It means users must always convert their Android apk files into this format built on the Node.js platform.
12. Android Studio
Android Studio allows changes in the app by incorporating codes without having to restart the app. Small level changes within the app can be easily accommodated with the help of Android Studio. Having a highly responsive code editor is one of the prime features of this Android OS for low-end PC app. Code analysis and completion, superb refactoring facilities mark the app and its making.
- The app comes with standard testing facilities thereby, allowing testing of Android apps without having to close the app.
- It’s a fast emulator with lots of features.
- With Cloud Test lab in-built in Android Studio, developers can easily carry out all kinds of crash testing with it.
- It contains an app indexing API that allows quick detection of Android apps via search in Google.
- A bit more work must be done to improve the Android emulation and database explorer functionality.
13. Bliss OS
Bliss OS is another free operating system for PC which have several features, optimizations, and even device support features. It can be used in Windows/Linux/tablet/Chromebook devices. The emulator is not harsh on your battery which means your battery lasts longer with Android OS for PC in operation. Several themes and customization options are available with Bliss OS.
- Bliss OS is strong enough to support gamepad configurations.
- It has ARM virtualization facility (ARM/ ARM64) apps.
- Bliss OS supports Widewine L3 DRM on your system that helps in playing your Amazon and Netflix videos.
- Gaming becomes easier and smoother with Bliss OS/
- Bliss OS offers restricted hardware support.
- According to some, it has issues with full-screen support and also lags while playing games.
A free emulator tool GameLoop helps in playing Android mobile games on your device. GameLoop speeds up the transfer between mobile to PC which will provide you outstanding gaming experience. However, you cannot play every video game with this Android OS for PC but, even then, they have a huge stock of gaming apps to choose from.
- GameLoop is a friendly emulator enhancing the video game experience like no other.
- Enhanced and improved graphic features.
- Multiplayer gaming is supported by GameLoop.
- Integrated search options are available with GameLoop.
- It is suitable only for users who install it for a good gaming experience.
- Your PC will require 1.58 GB of disk space, 4GB RAM, i5, a higher AMD or Intel processor. This process can restrict your PC.
MeMU is an Android OS for low end PC and can run Android devices effectively within the system. MeMU is consistent when running on varied devices and configurations. MeMU facilitates macro keys, operation recorder, and customized keymapping. Memory use, RAM use, fpm, and loading time for MeMU as an emulator is better than many other in the market.
- It is a normal Windows application and data is stored in numerous files.
- Apps and games can be easily controlled using the keyboard and mouse.
- MeMU uses a huge amount of memory despite being clean with its memory usage.
- It does not have a version for use in Max and Linux.
FAQs On Android OS For PC
Is there any Android OS for PC?
Yes, there are many Android OS for PC some of them are:
- LD Player
- Prime OS
- Phoenix OS
- Bliss OS
- Fyde OS
Which is the best Android OS for PC?
Although there are several Android OS for PC available for the users LD player is one of the best Android OS for PC. It offers a great gaming experience to the users.
How can I download Android x86 on my PC?
Here are some steps you need to follow to download Android x86 on your PC:
- Firstly, download ISO file from a mirror site
- When you install the file, create a bootable USB disk
- Now, select the “Install Android x86 to hard disk” option
- Now, select disk partition or you can choose an existing partition to install Android x86
- You can also install it to an external disk
- Select the “do not reformat” option to not lose the important files
- At last, follow the given instructions to complete the installation process.
How do I install Android software on my laptop?
You can easily install Android software on your laptop by using the Android emulator app. It is one of the safest and effective ways to install Android software. You can choose any of the given Android OS for PC Computers in this article.