Copying or transferring files from one location to another on our desktops or laptops is a mundane task that we do on an everyday basis. Most of us follow the usual method of right-clicking on the file, selecting the copy option from the context menu, navigating to the desired location where we want to have the file and simply right-clicking again to choose the paste option.
Besides this, most of the users prefer to drag and drop files to desired location to get the files copied automatically. To be honest, the native fast file copy process is pretty easy and straightforward.
But what if you want to transfer a large set of files/folders? Well, for batch processing, following the aforementioned methods will be relatively slow and consume a lot of your time and efforts to transfer each file one by one. Hence, you need a dedicated file copy utility that will speed up the transferring process. In this article, we’ve covered the list of paid and free file copy software for Windows PC.
Here is the list of File Copy Utility To Enjoy Fastest Transfer Speeds.
- File Fisher
- Unstoppable Copier
What Are the Best File Copy Software for Windows
Use the following Windows file copy tools to transfer files/folders from one location to another at a high speed. Review the list carefully and choose the most suitable option for your PC/Laptop.
When we are talking about the best copy software for Windows PC, then it is imperative to mention TeraCopy in the list. The file copy utility is considered to be a perfect replacement of Windows Explorer’s copy feature. It works pretty fast to transfer files in bulk & offers various other functions as well.
Perks of using TeraCopy:
- Lightweight file transfer software to use on Windows PC/Laptop.
- Automatically skips the problematic file, despite terminating the entire process.
- Keeps the original time and date of files when copying.
2. File Fisher
Here comes a versatile file copy software for Windows users. The application is highly customizable and comes as a portable version as well. Hence, you can carry the file transfer tool in a USB and instantly use it wherever needed. You can pause, resume, cancel the copy process as per your preference.
Perks of using File Fisher:
- The file copy software preserves the original file structure.
- Provides a bunch of flexible settings & parameters to copy/move files as per your needs.
- Supports tons of file formats and has an intuitive GUI.
Considered as one of the most efficient Windows file copy tools to install in 2022, FastCopy allows users to move files/folders rapidly from one network to another. To ensure fastest speed, this free file copy software employs multiple threads to read, write, verify the overlapped & direct I/O systems.
Perks of using FastCopy:
- Works efficiently to copy and back up a large set of files in a few moments.
- Doesn’t occupy a lot of system resources, making it the best file copy software.
- Has Command Line and UI wrapper support for all the techies out there.
CopyHandler is another open-source, free file copy software for Windows PC to use in 2022. The file copy utility is highly customizable and comes loaded with a variety of features to ensure high-speed transferring of files and folders. It even offers multilingual support & compatible with all popular Windows versions.
Perks of using CopyHandler:
- Strictly check the working health while file transferring process.
- Supports drag and drop functionality, which makes it the best file transfer software.
- Enables queue support and it automatically completes all the unfinished copy tasks.
Listing out the best file transfer software for PC and not including UltraCopier in the list is certainly not possible. It works quite fast to copy files from one place to another and it even supports options like Start, Stop and Resume to manage the file copying process accordingly.
Perks of using UltraCopier:
- The file transferring application supports Windows, Mac & Linux.
- Comes with an error management feature to manage problematic & corrupted files.
- Open-source file copy software with intuitive UI & supports themes & languages.
Considered as one of the fastest file transfer tools for PC, KillCopy is a great application that eases the copying process with drag & drop feature. It uses high-speed verification mode to ensure no errors occur during the file transferring process. Keep reading to know more about the tool.
Perks of using KillCopy:
- Has a Turbo Mode to enhance the copying speed of large files between local disks.
- Allows creating hard links to NTFS files by drag & drop context menu.
- Has a KillDelete option to remove the source file, once the copying process ends.
- Features an Auto Resume functionality to automatically start the file transfer process after an abrupt disconnection.
Discussing the best paid & free file copy software (2022 picks) and not mentioning ExtremeCopy would be unfair. Their developers claim to improve the data transfer speed from 20% to 120% as compared to the default Windows file copy utility. It has some incredible features listed below.
Perks of using ExtremeCopy:
- Comes with a flexible read/write buffer size.
- Supports task queuing, so that all the operations are conducted accordingly.
- Certainly, a fast file copy utility and highly compatible with all popular Windows versions.
MiniCopier is a free file transfer software to use on Windows PC. The program lets you copy and paste files and folders from one location to another in a few clicks. It features an intuitive interface and a drag and drop functionality to its basket to manage the tasks easily.
Perks of using MiniCopier:
- Add multiple files/folders to the basket to execute the transferring process.
- Easily pause and resume the copying/transferring process as per your needs.
- This best copy software is fully operational on Linux, Windows and macOS X.
9. Unstoppable Copier
Now you must be thinking why a data recovery software is listed here. Well, Unstoppable Copier certainly does more than restoring your lost precious data. You can also use the tool as a file copy manager, as it holds the ability to copy files and folders at a high speed from one location to another.
Perks of using Unstoppable Copier:
- Best free file copy software which uses less system resources.
- It can easily copy files from defective disks as well.
- You can create transfer lists and save them, so that they can be used at any time in the future.
Before we conclude our list of best file copy software, it is essential to mention RichCopy Windows file copy tool. The application lets you copy files in folders at a high speed. To get started with it, all you need to do is select the source path & the final destination.
Perks of using RichCopy:
- Considered as a great file management program to manage your collection.
- Ensures faster file copying process as compared to its counterparts.
- Allows users to copy your files to FTP locations with ease.
Which File Copy Software Will You Choose For Your Windows PC? (2022 Picks)
Well, if you are looking for a fast and reliable file transfer software for your computer then choose none other than TeraCopy. It is a multithreaded copying tool that can speed up file copy process on your computer/laptop. These tool is considered to be a perfect replacement of Windows Explorer’s copy feature. It works pretty fast to transfer files in bulk & offers various other functions like automatically skipping the problematic file, despite terminating the entire copying process. And, it also keeps the original time and date of files when copying.
If you consider using any of the aforementioned file copy utilities, do not forget to express your views and experience while using the product!
FAQs | List of Best File Transfer Tools For Windows PC (2022)
Q1. Which is the best file copy software?
TeraCopy is a wonderful file copy utility to use for Windows PC. It works pretty fast to transfer files in bulk & offers useful functions like automatically skipping the problematic file, despite terminating the entire copying process and so on.
Q2. What is the fastest file copy software?
As the name entails, FastCopy is considered to provide the effortless speed to transfer files from one place to another.
Q3. Which is better, Robocopy or XCopy?
Both are pretty useful tools for bulk file copying, but Robocopy gets an edge with certain features to make the job easier.
Q4. Is TeraCopy better than Windows copy?
TeraCopy is certainly the best file copy utility as it works flawlessly when it comes to handling a large number of files. It has decent performance to copy files as compared to its competitors.
Q5. What is a file copying utility?
A file copy utility is a software to automate the process of copying and transferring of data from one place to another. These nifty utilities ensure that a large number of files are transferred at a high speed.
Q6. What is the fastest way to copy files?
Using a professional file transfer software is certainly the best bet to copy files from one destination to another at the fastest rate possible.