Using the best encryption software is certainly essential if you want to send a confidential file to someone or keep sensitive files/folders safe on a device, so that it doesn’t fall into wrong hands.
So, without wasting any more time, let’s take a look at some of the best paid & free file encryption software to use in 2022. Let us know your favourite solution in the comments section below!
10 Best Free File Encryption Software To Secure Data
Keep reading and we’ll help you invest into the right encrypt software that you can choose for your PC. We’ve listed out their major features, pricing models, compatibility and so on.
And the award for best file encryption software (2022) goes to AxCrypt. It is considered one of the most powerful encryption platforms for Windows, Mac, Android and iOS devices. The application uses the toughest encryptions possible to safeguard your content and share it securely over the web.
List of Features offered by AxCrypt:
- Users have access to AES-128 encryption.
- A secure file-wiping feature to delete both the encrypted and unencrypted versions of files.
- Supports recovering lost files as well.
- Includes option for anonymous file renaming & the ability to revert files to their original names.
To use this program to encrypt files, you can get your hands on either the free version, premium version at $3.75 or Business edition for $9.92.
You might have heard of this service before, as it also belongs to the makers of the popular NordVPN service. It’s an easy-to-use file and folder encryption software that uses solid algorithms – AES-256 and 4096-bit RSA to protect your data stored on your device or cloud service.
List of Features offered by NordLocker:
- Has a drag-and-drop feature to add or remove files from encryption.
- Provides the ability to securely share encrypted files and folders.
- Has Dropbox integration to easily secure your confidential files.
- Sync your data and access it privately via NordLocker apps on any device or via browser.
This best file encryption software is available in three variants, namely – Free for protecting 3 GB data, $7.99/Month for protecting 2 TB data and one for 500 GB Cloud storage, starting from $3.19/Month.
3. Microsoft BitLocker
Microsoft’s BitLocker encryption software is a wonderful option if you want to encrypt a partition or the entire hard disk in a couple of clicks. It comes built-in with Windows 10 and uses 128 & 256-bit AES Encryption method to shield your data on the drives.
List of Features offered by Microsoft BitLocker:
- Provides users with a variety of authentication mechanisms.
- Supports offloading encryption to encrypted hard drives.
- Helps users to encrypt removable data drives in seconds.
- Prevent data exfiltration from your hard disk.
Price: Microsoft BitLocker
It’s a free encryption software!
CryptoExpert is one of the best encryption software designed for securely storing your files and folders on your PC. To be honest, some users may get confused while using the program, but it offers the choice of four encryption algorithms to secure data. Keep reading to learn what makes CryptoExpert one of the best encryption software in 2022.
List of Features offered by CryptoExpert:
- Store your files in a secure vault & set a solid password to ensure unauthorized users can’t access it.
- Create virtual local drives on your computer that you can use to store all files.
- Provides the ability to modify encrypted files in a fast and efficient way.
It offers a 30-day free trial and lifetime license comes in at $59.95.
5. Folder Lock 7
Claims to provide bullet-proof data encryption and we totally agree with it. Folder Lock 7 is an incredible encrypt software that allows protecting your file on-the-fly. It supports syncing and backing up your encrypted files and allows users to lock USB and external drives with a password as well.
List of Features offered by Folder Lock 7
- Encrypt your files with AES 256-bit military grade encryption.
- Supports shredding sensitive files permanently.
- Provides on-demand syncing and restoring capabilities.
- Lets you create digital Wallets to protect the confidential information.
Price: Folder Lock 7
The price for this program to encrypt files is $39.95!
VeraCrypt is another free encryption software designed for Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems. Similar to Microsoft BitLocker, VeraCrypt also supports 128 & 256-bit AES Encryption and it holds the potential to hide encrypted volumes within other volumes without any issue.
List of Features offered by VeraCrypt:
- Allows users to make a virtual encrypted disk within a file & mount it as a real one.
- Ability to encrypt an entire partition or storage devices like Flash drive & hard drive.
- Open-source encryption software that lets developers use the source code.
- Support changing the GUI language of this folder encryption software.
It’s a free file encryptor for on-the-fly encryption (OTFE).
7. Secure IT
Provides a solid blend of security with compression, Secure IT is a must-have program to encrypt files. Besides this, you can also rely on Secure IT to shred files permanently, making them completely unrecoverable by simply executing a command line. You can run this folder encryption software on almost all versions of Windows (both 32-bit and 64-bit).
List of Features offered by Secure IT:
- Offers a Master Password to unlock and access protected files/folders.
- Allows compressing files to ensure easy management.
- Uses a 448-bit strong encryption method to safeguard your files and folders.
- Allows users to secure their personal and confidential emails as well.
Price: Secure IT
Secure IT File and Folder Encryption Software is available as both Free and Paid version at $29.95.
8. Advanced Encryption Package
You probably saw this folder encrypt software coming, right? Well, Advanced Encryption Package undoubtedly deserves a place in our list because it has been awarded a couple of times because of its solid capabilities to encrypt files, perform secure file transfer and more. Keep reading to learn what all it has to offer.
List of Features offered by Advanced Encryption Package:
- Advanced Encryption Package supports batch file encryption.
- Provides the ability to encrypt backups as well.
- Protect your sensitive documents with over 20 encryption algorithms.
- Integrates well with Windows explorer & makes it a great encrypt tool for novices.
Price: Advanced Encryption Package
You can get this program to encrypt files for a one-time fee of $49.95.
Among the list of best encryption software to use in 2022, BCArchive stands out as one of the most prominent choices because of its high degree of flexibility and a solid blend of encryption algorithms it offers. Using the folder encrypt software you can also create self-decrypting files, so that the receiver hasn’t to be bothered about installing the program.
List of Features offered by BCArchive:
- Supports multiple secure algorithms, including Triple DES, Blowfish, and Rijndael.
- This best file encryption software can be easily activated from File Explorer.
- Ability to add several passwords to an existing file.
- Have options to synchronize, import and export files.
It’s a free file encryption software that you should consider using in 2022.
PixelCryptor is a free encryption software for Windows to protect your personal files and folders with an image as key. Unlike other programs mentioned here, PixelCryptor features a dedicated assistant for encrypting and opening files securely using visual ways.
List of Features offered by PixelCryptor:
- The user interface is extremely easy to navigate.
- Protects your docs with almost endless, hacker-proof combinations.
- Has a wizard-like window that walks us through the encryption process.
- Add folders, create new directories, as well as remove items from the encrypted package.
PixelCryptor is a free file encryption software that you should install in 2022.
Conclusion Of Best Paid & Free File Encryption Software
That’s all for today! Hope you found this article interesting!
All of the above-mentioned paid & free file encryption software works amazingly well to safeguard your personal and confidential files and folders. But if you are looking for a fast, reliable and efficient program to encrypt files, choose none other than AxCrypt. It’s one of the most powerful encryption platforms for Windows, Mac, Android and iOS devices. The application uses the toughest encryption methods to safeguard your content and share it securely over the web.
FAQs | Resolving Queries Related To Best Encryption Software
Q1. How can I encrypt files for free?
Use a professional free file encryption tool like VeraCrypt to protect your files at free of cost. It supports 128 & 256-bit AES Encryption and it holds the potential to hide encrypted volumes within other volumes without any issue.
Q2. Is AxCrypt free?
Yes! AxCrypt offers a free edition to encrypt files and folders.
Q3. What is the most secure file encryption?
NordLocker is probably the most secure file encryption tool to use in 2022.
Q4. What is the best encryption software available?
Besides AxCrypt, you can consider using NordLocker, Microsoft BitLocker, Advanced Encryption Package to lock and protect your files.
Q5. What is the easiest way to encrypt a file?
Using a professional folder encrypt software is probably the easiest way to safeguard your data easily. The market has dozens of paid and free file encryption software to choose from!
- 10 Best File Copy Software For Windows PC To Speed Up File Transfer
- 13 Best Free File Shredder Software for Windows 11, 10 PC
- 17 Best Duplicate File Finder For Windows 11,10 PC
- 10 Best Free File Manager for Windows 11 / 10 PC
- 10 Best Temp & Junk File Cleaner For Windows PC
- 11 Best FREE File Recovery Software for Windows 10, 8 and 7