Have you ever been sticky when you needed a measuring tape but didn’t have one? It’s also possible that the item was too far away or too massive for the tape measure to measure accurately.
These best measurement apps help assess the size of almost anything, from little things often seen in households to gigantic buildings such as skyscrapers and landscapes.
To make our daily lives easier, we have compiled a list of the best measurement apps, each of which features a variety of tools and functions for measuring a wide range of objects.
Top 7 Measurement Apps For Android & iPhone
1. AR Ruler
AR Ruler is an interesting tool that lets people use Augmented Reality to measure distances and figure out areas, volumes, and angles.
AR Ruler works like this: using the camera on your Android device, the app will find different surfaces and points to measure from. Once the tool has found a surface, you have to tap on it for it to start measuring. You can set up two reference points from which to measure by tapping the screen again.
- Allows measuring in different units, such as cm, m, mm, inches, feet, and yards.
- Can figure out how much space a 3D object takes up.
- Plan projections for items drawn are made and sent in PDF format.
There’s nothing better than having a tape measure on hand when shopping for furniture, home decor, or DIY supplies. If you put Moasure on your phone, you’ll never have to dig through your toolbox or kitchen drawer again.
And Moasure will work whether or not you have access to the internet. So, the Moasure App is a great way to get an idea of the size of something, like a sofa, to ensure it will fit in your home.
- There are no ads, and it’s easy to figure out how to use them.
- It can measure distances from 10cm to 300m (4 inches to 1000ft)
- It’s easy to measure the angle between two lines or surfaces.
3. Smart Measure
Smart Measure is another application that can calculate intermediate distances. Aim your device’s camera at a nearby object, and the app will calculate its distance.
The distance between two points may be easily calculated using Smart Measure; just input the desired distance and the height of the item you want to measure. In this manner, its distance may be determined immediately.
- Using trigonometry, this rangefinder (telemeter) estimates how far away and how high a target is.
- The UI is straightforward and simple to use.
- Find out how tall things like refrigerators, closets, and ladders.
4. Google Maps
Despite not being officially recognized as a measuring app, Google Maps’ distance Measurement Apps For Android and iPhone function is one of its best features. If you want to find out how far apart two places are, you can use Google Maps’ in-built measuring tool.
- The main reason to use Google Maps is that it is correct.
- Simple to use.
- Satellite images can be relied on completely for Google’s brand.
5. GPS Fields Area Measure
Area, distance, and perimeter can all be easily calculated with GPS Fields Area Measure. Much like Google Maps’ measuring tool, you’ll be presented with a map and the option to highlight specific locations. A distance indicator will appear in the screen’s upper left corner after selecting a starting and ending point on the map.
- Smart Marker Mode lets you put the pin exactly where you want it.
- It will allow you to send a link to your pinned or chosen areas to your friends or business partners.
- Use GPS tracking or auto-measure to walk or drive around exact borders.
6. Angle Meter 360
With Angle Meter 360, you can easily and quickly measure angles in any image, photo, or straight from the camera. It doesn’t rely on AR technology, instead providing you with standard Measurement Apps For Android and iPhone tools like a virtual ruler, protractor, and laser level.
- The camera and the photos are used to measure the angle.
- Please change the color of the tools to make them easier to see.
7. Ruler App
This Ruler App is another best free Measurement App that has a beautiful virtual ruler. Choose between inches and centimeters to initiate the measuring process. Tapping the screen will activate the latest in multi-touch Measurement Apps, allowing you to instantly find out how big any of the cool things around you are. Lines can be drawn with greater precision thanks to the on-screen ruler and two guidelines.
- The user interface is quick and easy to use and has a great modern look.
- You can look at your most recent measurements using the smart history function.
- A calliper that can be used with more than one touch.
What is the most accurate measure app?
There are many ways this app is similar to ARCore; for example, both uses augmented reality across multiple planes. Markers can be as precise as a tape measure if you use the AR Ruler App. In the same way as ARCore, you can switch between different units of measurement, such as inches, centimeters, meters, feet, and yards.
What is the best free app for measuring distance?
AR Ruler is a high-quality measurement app for Android and iOS. You may use it to determine how far away various things are in the images taken by your device’s camera.
What is the best free measuring app for iPhone?
The Moasure App utilizes the iPhone’s motion sensors for precise measurements. Height, volume, angle, etc., can all be measured with the simple motion of your iPhone.
By moving your phone from one location on an object to another, Moasure App will calculate the area of the object or space based on the four distance-measuring modes and two angle-measuring modes at your disposal.