Nintendo Switch is one of the most popular hybrid home/handheld gaming consoles that allows individuals to play incredible games on the TV or on the unit itself. The gaming system is often compared with PlayStation and Xbox when it comes to demand, popularity, usability & sales.
However, the import charges, availability, and high taxes often make it problematic for individuals to get their hands on the Switch console.
That’s why a lot of people prefer using the Best Nintendo Switch Emulator for PC, Mac & Android, so that you can easily play games like Let’s Go Pikachu, Zelda, Animal Crossing, Link’s Awakening, Mario Kart, and more on your respective devices.
If you don’t want to understand the premise of emulation software & its usage, you can directly jump on our list of Best Emulators for Playing Nintendo Switch Games.
4 Best Nintendo Switch Emulators for PC & Android
To be honest, emulators offer a convenient and cost-effective way for people to enjoy classic games and provide a great level of accessibility to games & customization options that original hardware might not offer. But not every emulator lives up to the hype, hence we’ve focused on the most effective and workable solutions that are leading the market.
For Windows & Mac Users
- Compatibility: Windows, Mac, Linux & Steam Deck
Ryujinx is an open-source and widely popular Nintendo Switch Emulator available for popular Operating Systems including Windows, Mac, and Linux. The utility had made substantial progress when it comes to game/hardware compatibility and performance.
- It is capable of running trending games at 60 FPS on high-end systems.
- Compatible with more than 3900 games, including Astral Chain, Super Mario Odyssey, Bayonetta 3, and more.
- Supports Nintendo Switch’s hardware features, such as the Joy-Con and Pro Controller.
- Compatibility: Windows, Linux & Steam Deck
Yuzu is an open-source emulator, designed for Nintendo Switch that lets players enjoy popular game titles on the desktop. Although Yuzu is still in its early stages of development, it has made significant progress in providing a flawless gaming experience & compatibility.
- It features a Nintendo Switch mod library that comes packed with a lot of games.
- It allows users to play games in 4K resolution with a proper PC setup, which makes it one of the best Nintendo Switch Emulators for PC.
- Supports both AMD & NVIDIA graphics cards and lets players enjoy heavy-duty AAA game titles like Legend of Zelda: BOTW, Super Mario Odyssey, and more.
For Android Users
3. Egg NS
- Compatibility: Android
Egg NS is an excellent Nintendo Switch Emulator for Android that allows users to play popular Nintendo Switch games on their smartphones. To be honest, you may have trouble running certain games and have slowdowns or other performance issues as compared to Yuzu or Ryuijix. But their developers are constantly working to enhance your experience. You can also check the list of best NES emulators for PC
- It supports playing more than 80 games, including 3A games.
- Switch between Bluetooth handle control and touch screen control, as per your convenience.
- Added unlimited FPS mode and improved overall compatibility with Speed Mode.
- Compatibility: Android
Citra is an open-source and one of the best Nintendo Switch emulators for Android users. The application has come a long way since its initial release and is capable of running all popular games (including 3D titles) at full speed without any hiccups. The performance of the emulator completely depends on the users’ device’s hardware specifications.
- Users are allowed to save their game progress and let them pick up where they left off at a later time.
- Supports touchscreen controls & has a multiplayer mode.
- Allows users to map the 3DS controls to their device’s physical buttons.
Also Read – You can also check the list of best Nintendo DS emulator
So, these were our top picks for the Best Nintendo Switch Emulators. All of them are quite stable and offer a vast library of compatible games. At first, some people might feel overwhelmed to set up the emulation program, as it requires a Nintendo Switch firmware update.
If you know any other Nintendo Switch Emulator that deserves to be a part of this list, then feel free to share your suggestions in the comments section below!