All of these image scanning tools come packed with a variety of features to easily digitize your printed memories. Most of the users prefer using photo scan software to convert paper documents, receipts and bills to spreadsheets and digital formats for fulfilling their accounting and business needs.
So, without wasting any more time, let’s learn about the best photo scanning software to restore your family albums and work with business documents,
10 Best Photo Scanning Software In 2023
To make the scanning process as quick and painless as possible, check out the list of best photo scanner programs reviewed below:
VueScan is a wonderful photo scan tool that holds the ability to produce scans that have top-notch color fidelity and color balance. The application is extremely easy to use and comes packed with a variety of functionalities to restore faded colours and provide professional results with superior colour accuracy.
- Using this software for scanning photos, you can batch scan multiple snaps.
- The picture scanning software certainly provides better colour balance.
- Automatically adjusts images while removing dust and scratches.
- Supports scanning documents, photos, film & slides.
Here comes a fantastic photo scanning software for Windows that allows users to bring their precious snaps into the digital world. It’s relatively faster, easier to use, and cost-effective than other photo scan tools mentioned here. ScanSpeeder is an excellent choice for splitting a scanned image of two or more photos into individual snaps.
- Holds the ability to crop and rotate photos easily.
- Allows users to remove borders, logos, and other irrelevant parts of the images.
- Helps in adjusting color and brightness to restore the original quality.
- Remove red eyes in a couple of clicks using this software for scanning photos.
SilverFast is one of the best photo software to scan and digitize your entire analog collection. Besides photographs, SilverFast supports scanning slides and negatives as well.
Similar to ScanSpeeder, it also allows users to remove dust and scratch in a couple of clicks. On the contrary it’s a little pricey and their terms of the license are limited. Let’s take a look at its features:
- The photo scan tool offers Auto IT8 calibration.
- The picture scanning software supports lossless saving of RAW data.
- Save your slides, filmstrips, Kodachrome images, and photos as RAW files.
- Tools for auto and manual image optimization.
Talking about the best photo software and not including AutoSplitter is not possible. The program efficiently gets photographs from flatbed scanners. The best part is it automatically determines whether your scanned images require cropping, aligning or other adjustments. AutoSplitter is available in both free & paid versions, while the first one includes 10 free scans.
- Supports image cropping, rotation and orientation.
- Split the scanned image into separate output images.
- Allows users to edit images and file metadata in a couple of clicks.
- Certainly, simplifies the overall workflow, as the majority of the processes are automated.
5. Readiris 17
Readiris 17 is best known as the advanced OCR solution designed for Windows and Mac. The application offers a unique and intuitive solution to convert your paper documents into digital text and images/PDF to fully editable smart documents. To get started with the photo scan tool, simply drag & drop images/docs from PC or Cloud.
Features: Readiris 17
- Easily preview your scans before launching the conversion process.
- Uses I.R.I.S. OCR technology, Readiris™ 17 is able to recognize any type of document.
- Preserves the layout, formatting and graphics of your original paper document.
- Supports cloud services like Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive etc.
CamScanner is considered to be one of the best software for scanning and sharing photos, documents and other multimedia files with your friends and family. The application holds the potential to recognize borders, refine the lightning and can make the scanned document as readable as possible. It offers both free and paid editions, while the first one contains ads.
- Solid collaboration features are offered with this image scanning software.
- Allows annotating your scanned image and documents easily.
- Provides 10GB of cloud storage space to save your documents and other files.
- Supports smart cropping & auto enhancing ensures the text/graphics are clear and sharp.
PaperScan is a powerful photo scanning software for Windows that comes equipped with dozens of image enhancements, annotation tools and solid storage capacities. The photo scan program offers three different editions, namely – Free, PaperScan Home & PaperScan Pro with price tag above $149. Keep reading to learn more about their functionalities:
- Supports resizing and cropping photographs with this picture scanning software.
- Allows users to discard punch holes and borders as well.
- Comes with the support to read encrypted PDFs and perform image printing.
- Multilingual photo scanner program.
10. KOFAX OmniPage
Empower your Teams to be more productive with KOFAX OmniPage OCR and photo scanning software. Using it, one can easily convert any document or photographs into the word processor or any file format of your choice. Unlike other photo scan tools, it supports almost all types of documents and picture formats.
Features: KOFAX OmniPage
- The picture scanning software provides intuitive layouts and designs.
- Uses intelligent character recognition & zonal recognition to quickly create editable docs.
- Offers superior accuracy as compared to other photo scanner programs.
- Full support for Microsoft Office, Corel WordPerfect, HTML and more.
BlindScanner is a well-known and best photo software designed for both Home and Office users. It offers a perfect blend of scanning and sharing capabilities and even allows users to connect to your local network and remotely scan documents and pictures. It supports scanning from anywhere, using any device such as desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile.
- Support scanning docs & photos remotely on the go.
- Remains a powerful network scanner sharing tool.
- Add scanner support to MS Terminal Services.
- Supports automatic document feeders (ADF) and 2-sided (duplex) documents scanning.
12. Scanitto Pro
Last but not the least in consideration, Scanitto Pro deserves a place in our list of best photo scanning software for Windows 2022. The application provides complete support for TWAIN Scanners and holds the potential to create multi-page PDFs in a few clicks. It supports a wide range of image formats and has a dedicated OCR feature to convert text from image & vice-versa.
Features: Scanitto Pro
- Manually select regions of images to scan & support Auto detect and crop borders tools.
- Allows creating editable and searchable electronic copies of paper documents.
- Provide support for scanning & saving docs in PDF, BMP, TIFF, TGA, PNG etc.
- The photo scan tool works with different languages, such as German, Italian, English, and Spanish.
Conclusion On Best Picture Scanning Software
Among the glut of choices for Best Image Scanning Software for Windows, we recommend using VueScan. The photo scan tool is a wonderful application that holds the ability to produce scans that have top-notch color fidelity and color balance. The utility is extremely easy to use and comes packed with a variety of functionalities to restore faded colours and provide professional results with superior colour accuracy.
Frequently Asked Questions | More Related To Best Image Scanning Software (2022)
Q1. What is the best software to scan photos?
ScanSpeeder is a fantastic photo-scanning software for Windows that allows users to bring their precious snaps into the digital world. It’s relatively faster, easier to use, and cost-effective than its competitors.
Q2. What is the best way to scan old photos?
Using professional photo digitization or scanning software for Windows, Mac, Android, and iPhone is probably the best way to preserve your precious memories in digital formats.
Q3. How do I scan several pictures at once?
Using professional photo scan software like VueScan you can batch scan multiple snaps in a couple of clicks. The picture scanning software certainly provides better color balance.
Q4. How can I scan old photos for free?
Using a free photo scanning software like AutoSplitter, you can efficiently get your favorite photographs from flatbed scanners. It is available in both free & paid versions, while the first one includes 10 free scans.