Popular games like Grand Theft Auto 3, God of War, Virtua Fighter 4, Gradius V, Katamari Damacy and more still remain replayable classics of all time.
So, if you are an avid and enthusiast video game player and wish to play these iconic titles on your Windows PC, you probably need to take help of a dedicated PS2 Emulator for Windows 10 / 11 PC and other popular OS versions.
So, without further ado, let’s take a look at What Exactly A PlayStation Emulator Does & Which Are The Top 10 PS2 Emulator For PC?
What Is A PlayStation Emulator?
PS Emulator is basically a dedicated software that emulates or replicates a popular gaming console and allows users to play their favorite gaming titles on computers. To emulate PS2 on your Windows PC, you need to have a copy of the disk image & a good PS2 Emulation Program.
After researching for several hours and reviewing a variety of PS2 Emulator Tools for Windows PC, we have curated today’s list. But before we proceed, we would like to bring this to your notice that emulators are quite unstable and do not provide the same level of performance as a dedicated console game.
But some of these programs are worth the try and are certainly the best way to relive the childhood memories again.
10 Best PS2 Emulator For Windows 10 / 11 PC (2022)
Here’s a quick roundup of the Top PlayStation Emulator Tools for Windows in 2022.
No wonder that selecting the right version of PS2 Emulator for PC can be a tricky business, but you can weigh the features of the tools and compare them to decide which one is suitable for you.
1. Retro Arch
- Latest Version: 1.9.13
- File Size: 162 MB
- Get To Know More About RetroArch From Their Official Website!
RetroArch tops our list of Top 10 PS2 Emulators for Windows and it truly deserves it. You can play almost all classical games and even use old Windows software on modern systems using this cross-platform emulator for PC.
It is an open-source application and comes with its own collection and sort games. Plus, it comes with tons of options to set vertical refresh rate, aspect ratio, volume level, sync, latency and more.
MAJOR HIGHLIGHTS: RetroArch
- One of the most interactive user-interfaces for an emulator.
- Play classical games and launch old applications on modern computers.
- Ability to host a Netplay server of your own and enjoy multi-player gaming.
- Can stream on Twitch.tv or YouTube directly from the PS2 emulator.
- Can run on the usual platforms like Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
2. PCSX Promoter
- Latest Version: NA
- File Size: na
- Get To Know More About RetroArch From Their Official Website!
If you select a standalone PS2 emulator for PC, then PCSX Reloaded is the best option. PCSX is a lightweight PS2 Emulator which is compatible with almost every classic console game. It supports any compatible PCP.
- Configuration is Fast
- Automatically starts playing or customize start settings.
- Runs with a gamepad.
- Missing features seen in similar programs.
- Bios emulation is not complete.
- Latest Version: 2.6.1
- File Size: 33.3 MB
- Get To Know More About BizHawk From Their Official Website!
Next on our list of Best PS2 Emulators for Windows 10 /11 PC comes BizHawk. It’s an open-source, multi-system emulator, designed while focusing on core accuracy and equipped with lots of power user tools to make it an excellent choice for casual gaming.
Unlike other popular emulators for Windows PC, BizHawk supports a wide variety of gaming consoles and titles. To name a few, GCE Vectrex, Nintendo NES, N64 and SNES, Atari 2600, 7800 and Lynx, Sega Game Gear etc.
MAJOR HIGHLIGHTS: BizHawk
- Ability to control the speed.
- Options for rewinding and frame stepping are available.
- Hotkey bindings are also there for controlling the user interface.
- Gamers can also take screenshots & screen records with audio.
- A debugging system to analyse the emulation to the millimetre.
- Latest Version: 19.10.05
- File Size: 418 KB
- Get To Know More About XEBRA From Their Official Website!
Here comes a lightweight emulator that allows users to recreate and relive the joy of moments, experienced while playing on the first PlayStation Video Console.
The PS2 emulator for PC holds the potential to replicate popular game titles belonging to the Sony PlayStation Video console. The newest version of “XEBRA” is now available to run on computer OSs such as Windows 10 32bit & 64bit. Make sure you install the latest version of the emulator from the official website only.
MAJOR HIGHLIGHTS: XEBRA
- Equipped with a simple user interface.
- Compatibility appears high and sound is excellent.
- Included documentation is in Japanese.
- The only scaling methods are nearest and bilinear.
- Latest Version: 1.6.0
- File Size: 6.8 MB
- Get To Know More About PCSX2 From Their Official Website!
PCX2 is undoubtedly one of those applications that comes with the aim to fuel users’ video game nostalgia feeling. It’s a perfect PS2 Emulator for PC that helps you enjoy old classic gaming titles without putting in much effort, right on your system.
The software comes with the ability to extract the games from their original discs as well. Quite cool, right? Unlike other PS2 Emulation tools, PCX2 have minimum system requirements like: PS2 ROM, CPU that supports SSE2 (Pentium 4 and up, Athlon64 and up) & GPU that supports Pixel Shaders 2.0.
MAJOR HIGHLIGHTS: PCSX2
- Adjust the resolution or let it be native.
- Offers settings like FXAA, shade boost, and texture filtering.
- Supports anti-aliasing as well.
- Ability to use custom resolutions up to 8192×8192.
- Free & open-source PlayStation Emulator for Windows, macOS & Linux.
- Latest Version: 0.0.19
- File Size: 20.1 MB
- Get To Know More About RPCS3 From Their Official Website!
RPCS3, is another popular PlayStation 3 and 2 supported emulators. The Unique Selling Point (USP) of the application is its ability to support up to 10K resolution, which probably most of its competitors lack. The tool offers gamers the opportunity to experience old games well beyond the lifetime of the hardware they originally ran on.
As far as adjustments are concerned, if you know what you’re doing you’ll have plenty of options to support.
MAJOR HIGHLIGHTS: RPCS3
- Excellent user-interface, suitable for all kinds of users.
- The RPCS3 project is the most advanced and capable PS2/3 emulator in existence.
- Offers the option to force 16x AF, which dramatically improves texture quality.
- Have nearly 1,500 games in the database.
- The emulator runs on Windows, Linux, and FreeBSD.
- Latest Version: 1.12.3
- File Size: 10 MB
- Get To Know More About PPSSPP From Their Official Website!
PPSSPP is one of the best PS2 Emulators for PC, that can run your PSP games on your Windows system in full HD resolution and allows you to play them on your Android smartphones as well.
The list of games compatible with this amazing emulator tool includes: Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, GTA: Vice City, Disgaea and more.
MAJOR HIGHLIGHTS: PPSSPP
- Play in HD resolutions and more.
- Save and restore game state anywhere, anytime.
- You may also enable vertical synchronization & anisotropic filtering.
- Supports texture scaling.
- Customize on-screen touch controls.
- Latest Version: 0.1.3
- File Size: 9.2 MB
- Get To Know More About Vita3K From Their Official Website!
Vita3K is the world’s first functional open-source PlayStation Emulator that you can try using on your Windows, Linux, macOS, Android and iOS. Similar to the other emulators shared above, Vita3k allows users to play all the PS2 compatible game titles.
To be honest, not all the games would function like the way you’d expect, but the thrill of experiencing PlayStation 2 & PSVita games on PC should convince you to try Vita3K.
MAJOR HIGHLIGHTS: Vita3K
- Comes with a basic interface.
- Supports PKG, .VPK, and .ZIP format.
- Lightweight and easy to set-up PS2 Emulator for Windows 10.
- Good customer support service.
9. NeutrinoSX2 Emulator
- Latest Version: 0.01
- File Size: 816 KB
- Get To Know More About nSX2 From Their Official Website!
nSX2, also known as NeutrinoSX2, is one of the best PS2 Emulators to try on your Windows PC. It’s an open-source application and allows developers to dive into creating their own emulators. The tool supports both PSX and PS2 games with backward compatibility.
To get started with this amazing PS2 emulation program, you just need to open a ROM present on your computer storage & start playing without configuring any additional settings.
MAJOR HIGHLIGHTS: nSX2
- Lightweight PS2 Emulator for PC.
- It is an open-source coding platform.
- The interface of the app is easy to use.
- It does support games from PSX as well as PS2.
- Allows you to play PS2 games on your Android and iOS devices as well.
The full name of HPSx64 is commonly known as ‘Highly Experimental PlayStation Simulator x64‘. The HPSx64 is still being developed by one person whose online name is The Gangster 256. Although it was originally released somewhere about 8 to 9 years ago, it is still being developed and is in the testing phase.
- It’s an amazing PS2 Emulator for PC.
- Despite being in its early stages of development, it still prides itself on a similar gaming experience like the Sony PS2 emulator for PC.
- The current version is only available for Windows and that 64-bit version.
- It is still in the development phase so other compliance issues may arise.
- It has no cheat program yet.
- Image quality may not be so good for some users.
- Latest Version: NA
- File Size: NA
- Get To Know More About Play! From Their Official Website!
Although, Play! Although still in its preliminary stage, it deserves a place in our list of Top 10 PS2 Emulators For PC to use in 2022. The application would allow you to play some of the popular gaming titles, compatible with PlayStation 2 but not at an optimal speed.
Unlike other PS2 emulators, Play! Doesn’t provide extra fancy features, it’s a simple and basic tool to emulate or replicate PS2 games, right on your computer.
MAJOR HIGHLIGHTS: Play!
- Over 1100 games can be played.
- Receiving frequent updates to enhance overall experience.
- No BIOS upload is required for running the emulator.
- Supports adding up to 10 ROMs at once in the emulator.
12. Damon PS2 Pro
- Latest Version: 1.0
- File Size: 3.5 MB
- Get To Know More About Damon PS2 Pro From Their Official Website!
Designed and developed by ProLabs Inc., Damo PS2 Pro is one of the best PS2 Emulators for Windows PC and Android smartphones. The application allows users to play dozens of legendary titles that are compatible with PlayStation 2 that you should certainly not miss playing on your system.
To name a few iconic titles: God of War, Resident Evil 4, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty etc. you can play on PC and mobile device without any hassles, all thanks to the Damon PS2 Emulator.
MAJOR HIGHLIGHTS: Damon PS2 Pro
- High-resolution is supported.
- Support for cheat codes.
- Its free, small size, and fast PS2 emulator for PC.
- Supports playing all iconic game titles & older applications easily.
- Enjoy optimal speed while playing your favorite console games right on their PC.
Conclusion on Best PS2 Emulator For PC (32, 64-bit Download) In 2022?
Well, all the PS2 emulators in this list are best, that’s why they could make it to the 2022 edition. If you ask for our personal recommendation, we suggest trying your hands on RetroArch. It is an open-source application and comes with its own collection and sort games.
Plus, it comes with tons of options to set vertical refresh rate, aspect ratio, volume level, sync, latency and more.
Frequently Asked Questions: Top PS2 Emulators For Windows PC (2022 Edition)
Q1. Is there a working PS2 emulator?
Yes, RetroArch, Damon PS2 Pro & PCSX2 are top-notch choices when it comes to choosing a good PS2 emulator for your Windows PC.
Q2. What is the best PS2 emulator?
RetroArch is probably the best PS2 emulator for Windows 10 you should try using in 2021. The application holds great potential and allows users to play classical games and launch old applications on modern computers without any hassles. Additionally, it comes with the ability to host a Netplay server of your own to enjoy multi-player gaming.
Q3. What emulator can play PS2 games?
PCSX2 is a go-to application to emulate any popular PS2 game right on your Windows desktop.
Q4. How do I download ps2 emulator for windows 10 steps
Step 1: Download PCSX2 packages to your computer from the official website.
Step 2: Start Installing (PCSX2) PS2 Emulator on your Windows pc
Step 3: Double-click the PCSX2.EXE file to start installing it on the Windows pc.
Step 5: Once you have selected the path, you can proceed by clicking on “Next“.
Step 6: Now you need to install a few other dependencies needed in the PCSX2 Emulator.
Click I agree to the terms and conditions of the license and click on “Apply“.
Step 7: Finish installing items by following the on-screen instructions.
Q5. Is the PUBG emulator banned in India?
Yes, it is banned by the Indian Government in 2020 due to security reasons.