You can face a time when your Windows 10 crashes in your system. Sometimes we face issues with our Windows PC. That time you need to boot up your Windows 10 immediately. But it is not that easy as it seems. When we fix Windows 10, in that process, we may lose our important files and data. That is why it is essential to have a backup of your Windows 10.
You have the best option that you create a recovery drive in Windows 10. Many users don’t know, but the recovery drive conserves the copy of Windows 10 territory on other devices like a USB or DVD drive. In case your Windows 10 starts acting weird or faces any problem, you may easily restore the files and data from the recovery drive.
There is a catch you can only restore personal data and files in the recovery drive. You cannot backup desktop applications. You can bring back Windows 10 in the right state through recovery drive and use it with ease. The users should know that it is essential to create a recovery drive in Windows 10 to save them from any future issues.
Create A Recovery Drive In Windows 10
The first thing is to do is that you create a recovery drive in Windows 10. It will save your files and data. In case you ever lose your files, a recovery drive will help you out. That is why you should know how you can establish a recovery drive. To see the method, follow the instructions below.
- First of all, open the start menu.
- Go to the search bar and write Recovery drive.
- Now just Tap on the Create a recovery drive option.
- Alternatively, you can go to Control Panel.
- Click on the Recovery icon.
- Next, click on the Create a recovery drive option.
- On the next window, check the Backup system files with the recovery drive option.
- Click on the Next button.
- Make sure you have inserted the USB or DVD in your system.
- Wait for a while as Windows is trying to check up the drive you have inserted. If there is more than one drive, you can choose any of them as a recovery drive.
- Click on the Next button.
- On the very next screen, Windows will inform you that whatever is there in your recovery drive will be completely removed or deleted. Make sure there are no important files or data in the recovery drive.
- Now click on the Create option.
- Your recovery drive will be established.
- The whole process will take your time, so you need to wait.
- After the process gets finished, click on the Finish button.
After you have created a recovery drive, you should know how to use it. Those days are gone when you find it difficult to fix the Windows related issues. When the Windows gets damaged and is not getting repair itself, now the time is there to use a recovery drive you have created.
Use a recovery drive
To use a recovery drive, you need to be a little careful. Ensure you follow every step and use the recovery drive when your Windows 10 is not in the right state. After using a recovery drive, you will run Windows 10 as you were running it when it was fine. A recovery drive can solve many problems related to Windows 10. You only need to care that you are taking care of a recovery drive and keeping it safe when you are not using it. In case you lose or damage your recovery drive, you will be at risk as you will lose a copy of Windows 10, which is stored in that drive. To use a recovery drive, you have to follow the instructions below.
- Insert the USB or DVD, whoever is your recovery drive, in the port of your computer.
- Select the key to boot from the recovery drive.
- Next, select the language you understand and the country you live in.
- Tap on Recover from a drive. It will easily take the version of Windows, which you have stored in a recovery drive. Remember, all your data and application will be deleted once Windows will be reinstalled.
- On the next screen, you will get two options. One is just remove my files, and another one is Fully clean the drive.
- You can decide on any option. If you want to delete only files, click on the Just remove my files option.
- If you want to clean all your operating system, click on the Fully clean the drive option.
- Now, the PC will again inform you that all your apps and data will be deleted. After reading the information, click on the Recover button.
- The recovery will happen. You will see that Windows is installing on your PC. Wait for a while until the process gets finished.
- Next, you need to set up Windows 10. You have to complete the updates and complete the process of setting up Windows 10 on your PC.
- Now you have to sign in to your Windows.
As you know, you will not see your app and files in the reinstalled Windows. If you had a backup of all your files and data, you could restore them. It will bring back all your files and data to your Windows 10.
The System Image Backup
For your information, there is one more recovery option that is System Image Backup. It creates an pictures of your Windows environment. It also includes your files and data. In the recovery option, you need to be sure that you daily generate the image as it needs to update regularly. If you have both recovery drive and system image backup in your PC, if your Windows 10 couldn’t revive itself, you can restore it using the recovery options you have.