It is a good idea to create a separate and another account on your computer. There can be a time when your Family uses one computer or wants your kid to learn the operating system’s basics. In that case, you can create a separate account. It is the best choice to make as by following this idea, you will secure your data and files. When kids are using your computer, they don’t know about it, and accidentally they can delete or remove anything from your system. That is why it is necessary to create another user to save and protect your data or files in your user account.
There can be a time when you are in your business, and there are other people who use your PC as well. In that situation, you need you’re your private user account where no one gets in and see your important or confidential files. That is the only reason people choose to make a new user account on the PC to have their privacy while operating the computer.
Best Way To Create A New User On Windows 10
If you are keen to create a new user on Windows 10, you must follow the instructions carefully. You can make the new user which can help in creating a backup of your files to restore it anytime when you restore your PC.
To create a new user on Windows 10, please follow the steps carefully and make sure you are not doing it in a hurry.
- First, you need to open your User account to make another user account by using the settings app and have the control panel entry. Log in to your User account on Windows 10.
- Now, you need to open the start menu and go to the search bar.
- Type settings and Click on the top results of it.
- In the settings app, go to the Accounts option.
- On the Accounts window, navigate the Family & other people tab.
- Click on the Family & other people tab to create a new user on Windows 10.
- Next, click on Add someone else to this PC button.
Note: You will see the Add a family member button there. You can click on it if your family member uses your PC only for some fun purpose. In case you have a child whom you want to teach the basics of the operating system, or he wants to run the computer to play games, you can click on the Add a family member option. Therefore, you can follow the above instructions after choosing the opportunity you are suitable for.
- Now you will get the windows of Microsoft account where the PC will ask you to fill your account’s credentials. But you don’t need to fill in any email address and password. You have to click on I don’t have this person’s sign-in information link.
- On the next Window, PC will ask you to fill in your details to create a new Microsoft account. But again, you need to ignore all of this as it is not what you have to do. Instead of that, you need to click on Add a user without a Microsoft account link on the bottom.
- Next, you need to fill in the details of your new user account. You have to fill in the username and password you want to have in your new account on Windows 10. You can fill in Password hint as well if you want anyone to log in to your account. If you want privacy, don’t fill in the Password hint bar.
- Click on the Next button.
- Now, go back to the Accounts section. This time you will see the new user account you have created recently on Windows 10 when you will sign in to the new user account. Windows will create user folders and finish the settings.
If the new user account you have created is set to the limited and not administrative, you will not be able to install some new apps, or you will not be able to resolve few issues, which is creating a problem in your PC. If you want your new user account to set on administrative, you need to go to the settings app and click on the accounts section. Now select a change account type. Here you can change your account to administrative if it is set on limited.
After settings your account on administrative, you can enjoy and can do everything on your PC. If the kid is using the new user account, there is a recommendation, don’t give them authority to set account type on administrative as they can ruin so many things on your PC and can create several issues as well. Here you will be able to create a new user on Windows 10 easily.
In case you don’t want to create a new user on Windows 10 and want to delete an existing account, you can do it. Follow the instructions to remove any account you want.
- Go to the Settings app.
- Click on the Accounts section.
- Now, select the Family and other users option.
- Next, you need to select the user you want to delete.
- Press on the Remove button.
- Click on Delete account and data.
Hence, it will remove your account and delete all the data you have in that account you have deleted recently. Otherwise, to create a new user on Windows 10, you can follow the first instructions we have given you.