Call of Duty: modern warfare is very popular among youth but while running or launching the game some errors occurred due to corrupt Direct X installation on the PC.
What is COD Warzone Dev Error 6068
One of the most common errors that is facing by most of the people while playing the game is 6068. It can occur if you have an out of date windows on your system. But this error can be fixed by some remedies. There are various methods that you can use to solve the problem of error 6068.
In this article, we will let you know about the best remedies to fix the Dev error 6068.
1. Initially, you can fix the Dev error by installing the updates as you know that error 6068 occurs due to the outdated software so if you download the new versions of software and game then it will automatically fix the COD modern warfare Dev error 6068.
2. You must check the updates for games, drivers, and Windows OS to run the game without facing the problem of Dev error 6068. But in some cases, if error 6068 is not fixed after the installation of updates then you can go for other methods which will definitely help you in recovering from the Dev error 6068.
How to fix COD Warzone Dev Error 6068
Some of the best methods that can help you in fixing Call of Duty Modern Warfare Dev error 6068 are mentioned below in the article.
1. Operate the COD modern warfare as an administrator
One of the best methods of fixing the call of Duty modern warfare Dev error 6068 is to operate the game as an administrator. This method not only fixes the error 6068 but also the other errors occur in the game. If you operate the game as an administrator there will be a higher chance that the Dev error will fix in some steps. Various steps should be followed to operate the COD modern warfare as an administrator. The steps are:
- Firstly unbutton the Battle.net launcher and then open the call of Duty window.
- The second step is to click on the options tab
- To step ahead click on Show in explorer
- Now, open the call of Duty folder and find and right-click the COD file that has .exe extension.
- At last click on run as administrator in the submenu
- Now, re-launch the game to check whether the error 6068 is solved or not.
If the method doesn’t work and you are still facing Dev error 6068 then you can go for another method.
2. Examine and restore the game file
This method can solve the issue of error 6068 because if your PC has corrupt game files then it will cause you problem so when you restore and examine the game files it will scan all the files which cause an error in operating your game. For that, you need to follow some steps to scan and analyze the game files.
- Launch the Battle.net launcher and select the call of Duty
- Then click on the options which are given right above on the page.
- Now select the scan and repair to step ahead
- Click on the begin scan option to scan your game files
- If there are any missing game files then it will be downloaded and it will also scan all your files
- Now, you can check that the Dev error is fixed or not.
3. Install windows to its current version
Download the current version of Windows can solve the Dev error 6068. Microsoft frequently launches its new updates for OS and system drivers that can enhance your system performance and clear the bugs and errors that can be caused due to the older version of Windows. By following some steps you can download the latest version of Windows in your system.
- Press Windows + I keys together that will open the windows settings.
- A search box appears now type update in the box
- A list of search results opens click on the first option that is check for updates.
- Now a Windows opens, go to the right side of the window and select check for updates, this will download the current version of the Windows itself.
- Now you can check whether the problem is solved or not.
4. Change the game window to the Borderless
If you are operating a COD modern warfare game in multi-display then there will be chances that you are facing Dev error 6068. In that case, if you change the game window to the borderless it may fix the issue. And if you are using a single display while operating the game then also changing the game window to the borderless can help you out from the issue of error 6068. You must follow some steps to change the game mode to the borderless.
- Open the COD, now select the settings
- Now click on Graphics
- Now extend the Display mode and select the Fullscreen borderless in the sub-menu.
- At last for completing the process, save the changes you have made and check whether the issue of Dev error 6068 is resolved or not.
Conclusion – COD Warzone Dev Error 6068
Hope these methods will be proved best to fix the Call of Duty modern warfare Dev error 6068 and you will be able to play the game without any trouble.