Whenever the Discord Screen share with black screen error comes up, it turns into the Black screen. Besides, it turns into black color, and it also creates a problem of No Audio.
What does this Black Screen on Discord Screen Share error message mean?
When you use the latest Discord technologies at that time, the Discord screen shows a black screen. Even when you don’t have sufficient permissions, this error occurs to your computer. The screen share is useful when you get into a call with someone. It enables you to share the screen with the person on the other end of the call. There comes a time when it stops working, and then your screen goes black.
The issue is not that big, and you can solve it on your own. There are a few solutions that you can use and solve your Discord screen share error.
First, we need to address the reason behind the Discord Screen share with a Black screen share. The causes will tell you what the actual problems behind the error are.
What Causes of Discord Screen share with a black screen
Here are the causes of Discord Screen share with a black screen:
- One of the main reasons behind the Discord screen share with a black screen error is different permissions. The problem occurs when you share your screen with someone, and your permissions don’t get similar to another person. If you are using run with admin privileges and other is not, then the discord screen share with a black screen occurs.
- If you will run the program in full-screen mode, then the screen scare doesn’t work. You cannot use the full-screen mode while using a screen share. If you use the black screen will come up.
- Sometimes the error occurs because of your video and audio settings as well. If you use the ‘Use our latest technologies for screen’ sharing option, then that could be the reason for your problem.
We have talked about the cause of Discord screen share with a black screen error. Now you need to know about the solutions to overcome the error.
8 Solutions to Fix Discord Screen share with a Black Screen
There are few solutions which you can try to fix discord screen share with a black screen. Let’s discuss what the solutions you can try are:
1. Run with Admin Privileges
We have discussed earlier that if you and the person you are sharing the screen with use different permissions, then the error occurs. Due to the permissions conflict, the discord app you are using doesn’t work correctly. If you are a friend using Running admin privileges and don’t have admin privileges in your discord app, you may face the error.
It is effortless if you want to resolve the error. Both parties need to have the same permissions. If you use different permissions, then you will be stuck with this error again. If you want to share the screen with the other person smoothly, you need to resolve the issue as soon as possible. If you don’t have administration privileges, then you need to get them. To get admin privileges, you need to follow these steps:
- Open the start menu.
- When the start menu will open up, type Discord in the search bar to find the Discord application.
- Once the results come out, right-click on the Discord application.
- After right-click, you will see the option of Run as administrator.
- When you click on the Run as administrator option, make sure you are running another program with admin privileges.
The issue will be resolved.
2. Disable ‘Using the latest Technologies’ option
You need to check out if your ‘Using Latest Technologies’ option is enabled or disabled. If it is allowed, then there are high chances that it is causing the issue. How it creates a problem, it is still unknown. But if you want to resolve the problem, you need to disable the option if you face Discord screen share with Black screen error. To disable the ‘Using the latest Technologies’ error, you need to follow these steps:
- Open your Discord application.
- On the bottom left corner, you will find the settings option. You need to click on it.
- Navigate the Voice and Video section.
- After finding the Voice and Video section, scroll down to the bottom.
- You will find the Video Diagnostics section. Under the section turn off, ‘Using our latest technologies for screen sharing’ option.
Now you need to check if the issue is resolved or not.
3. Disable Aero theme
Aero theme creates numerous problems in the Windows operating system. Aero theme can be the reason why you are facing the error. First, you need to check if the aero theme of your system is off or not. If it is in on, then you have to disable it immediately. Not only for Discord screen share with black screen error, but you also need to disable aero theme for other mistakes too. It said that aero theme is a reason why most of the issue occurs in the system. Make sure the aero theme of your system is disabled.
4. Update the Audio Drivers on your computer
It is essential to update the Audio drivers of your system. You need to check it out to know the Discord screen share with no audio issue. When the Black screen comes up using Discord screen share, that time, you lost Audio too. So there is a chance that the old version of audio drivers is the reason behind the issue you face.
To check your system’s Audio drivers, you need to check for the updates through the Device Manager.
- Open the start menu. You will find the Device Manager there.
- Click on Device Manager. Under Sound, video, and game controllers, you need to check each Sound’s device.
- Right-click on the audio device and select Update Drivers.
- After that, select Search automatically for updated driver software. It will search for the pending updates of your device.
After updating the Audio device, check out if your issue is resolved or not.
5. Reinstall the Discord Client on your system
If you want to solve the Discord application issue, you need to uninstall the app once. After uninstalling the Discord client, make sure you delete all app data and roaming files as well. After uninstalling the previous Discord client, you can start downloading a new copy of the Discord client. By installing a new copy of Discord client, your issue will indeed be resolved.
Follow the steps to uninstall the discord client:
- Open Run by pressing Windows + R. After that, type appwiz.cpl in the white prompt and click Ok.
- You will get the list of programs, search for Discord. After finding the Discord, right-click on it and choose Uninstall.
After uninstalling, download, and install the Discord client again, see if your problem is resolved or not.
6. Switch to Borderless Mode
When you are using a screen share, make sure you are not using it in Full-screen mode. If you are using a screen share on full-screen mode, your partner will face a black screen with Discord screen share. Discord doesn’t support full-screen mode. If you want to remove the error, you need to make sure you are using Borderless Mode. By full-screen mode, the Discord feature will not work correctly on your computer. Make sure you are not using Full-screen mode at all.
7. Update GPU drivers
If Audio drivers are essential to update, GPU drivers must update to run the discord application smoothly. An outdated version of GPU drivers will create a problem of Discord share screen with the Black screen. After updating GPU drivers, it will improve the performance and provide better display support to your computer’s applications.
You can Update GPU through Device manager. Follow these steps to update your GPU drivers:
- Open the start menu and select Device Managers.
- Under Display adapters, right-click the GPU drivers available.
- Select Update drivers.
- Select ‘Search automatically for updated driver software.’ It will help your computer to search for the available updates.
- If updates are available, download it and install it.
Repeat the steps for other GPU drivers as well.
8. Contact Discord Support
If the ‘Discord share screen with black screen’ error doesn’t get resolved, then the last option you have to contact Discord Support. Discord support can tell you the real problem behind the error. Although Discord Support takes time to respond but later on, they solve your issue with the technical team’s help. To contact Discord Support:
- Go to the Discord Support site.
- You need to select Help & Safety.
- Under Type of Question, you should choose the Technical issue.
- After that, you need to type the problem of yours with a brief description. Click Submit once you are done writing your issue.
Discord Support usually takes 1-2 days to respond. After their response, you will get every help that you need. They will send their technical team, and your issue will be resolved efficiently.