The Printer is the device that is used to print the paper. As you want a document which is saved in your computer but you need a hard copy of that. In that case, you use a Printer to do that work. We get to see issues when we use any device. These issues are common and easy to resolve, as well.
The one common issue we get to witness when we use the printer device is that our Printer sometimes goes offline. It is not a big issue. Sometimes because of a few reasons, we probably face the issue. You don’t need to worry when users see that your Printer is not online. As people say, there is a solution to every problem. Similarly, you can change printer status to online in Windows 10 and can quickly solve your problem.
When the printer status is offline, the issue occurs when the paper jams or you go out of the paper. Another reason can be the minor connectivity issue. These are the only causes that can make Printer go offline.
You can try to clear the paper jams, fill the paper tray, or restart your Printer can solve your problems. Before you try other solutions, you can try these tricks and see if your printer is online. If your printer is still offline, you can resolve it in different ways. Let’s discuss how you can change printer status to online in Windows 10.
Also Read – PC Cleaner Software For Windows 10
How to Change Printer Status To Online Windows 10
1. Make Printer online by using Settings.
You can try to change printer status to online in Windows 10 in a few ways. First, you can try to resolve the issue by using the most straightforward method: the settings app. If you think the Printer goes offline is not a significant problem, you can try to make it online by using Settings. To make the Printer online, follow the instructions below.
- Open the Settings app.
- Click on the Devices option.
- In Devices, click on the Printers & scanners option.
- Now on the right side, select the Printer you are using.
- Select the Open queue option.
- On the next windows, click on the Printer tab.
- Under the Printers tab, you will see the possibility of Use Printer offline.
- If you know the check sign with the Use Printer Offline option, then click on it and remove that check.
- Wait a few minutes till your Printer comes back online.
Thus, you can change printer status to online in Windows 10 by using the settings app. After waiting for a few minutes, if your Printer is still not getting online, in that case, you can try another method or can choose another way to make your Printer online.
2. Make Printer online by using Device Manager.
If you prefer using Device manager, you can make a Printer online with that as well. As we have discussed earlier, Printer going offline is a common issue, and it can occur because of little causes. If you change printer status to online in Windows 10 by using the Device Manager, you can follow the instructions below.
- Press Windows + X shortcut keys on any clear side of the desktop.
- Click on the Device Manager Option.
- In the Device Manager, click on the Action tab.
- Under the Action, click on the Devices & Printers option.
- In any case, if you don’t see the Devices & Printers option, you can retry the steps and check if the option is available now.
- In the Devices & Printers, right-click on the Printer, this is offline.
- Click on the See what’s printer option.
- On the next window, click on the Printer Tab.
- In the Printer tab, click on the Use Printer Offline option.
- If there is a check on the Use printer offline option, remove that check.
- Wait for a while until your printer status changes to online.
Therefore, now you can check if you can change printer status to online in Windows 10. If the trick doesn’t work, there is one final solution which you can apply and try making your Printer offline to online.
3. Troubleshoot Printer
When you cannot make your Printer online by using the above methods, you have one last option that can help you resolve the issue. Many problems in the computer get solved when we use to troubleshoot. Troubleshoot find out the problem and also gives the solution to solve it. To resolve any issue in your PC, you can try using Troubleshoot. Now, if you couldn’t change printer status to online in Windows 10, you can troubleshoot the Printer to know what the exact problem is. After learning the problem, you can resolve it right there. To troubleshoot the Printer, you need to follow the steps carefully.
- First, you need to go to the settings app.
- In settings, click on the Devices option.
- In Devices, Select the Troubleshoot option.
- On the right side of the troubleshoot screen, scroll down and try to locate the Printer option.
- In the Troubleshoot section, Click on the Printer option.
- Expand the Printer option; click on the Run the Troubleshooter button.
- Allow the Troubleshooter to run and get to know the issue, not allowing making printer online.
- After knowing about the issue, next click on the Apply the fix option. If you don’t want to apply this fix, suggested by the Troubleshooter section, you can click on the Skip this fix option.
Check if you have succeeded in changing the printer status to online in Windows 10.