Through Printer, you can do any of your tasks or your office task. Having a printer is useful as it gives lots of benefits. Having a printer in your home, you can take out a printer of any document you have kept on your computer. In case you need any hard copy of any picture or any other thing, you can simply use a Printer for that. There are so many brands of printers in the market. Canon printer is one of the finest printers in the technology world. Billions of people use it, and everyone is happy with the canon printer’s features. Here is the guide which can help in how you can connect canon printer to laptop
Canon printer has so many varieties, and it up to the user what is his preference and how he wants to use the Printer. More information canon printer can connect with any device, be it a mobile phone or computer and laptop. But here are we are going to talk about how you can connect a canon printer to a laptop. Sometimes it gets tricky to attach a Printer to your device. Similarly, when you don’t know much about your laptop and canon printer, it may get difficult to connect them. To access the canon printer features, let us know how you can join in with the laptop.
How To Connect Canon printer to laptop
It is not difficult to connect a canon printer to a laptop, and it is quite an easy task. It can be tricky for the ones who don’t know their own devices. If you have purchased a new canon printer and want to connect it with your laptop to make your work easy, you can do it straightforwardly. If you don’t know how to connect a canon printer to a laptop, you need to follow the instructions.
- First, turn off your Canon printer. Take the one end of your cable and insert it in the USB port of the printer device.
- Take another end of the cable and insert it in the USB port of the laptop. Make sure you don’t keep your Printer and laptop far away as there can be a risk that your devices can accidentally fall.
- Open a browser on your laptop and visit the official website of Canon Printer. Make sure you don’t go to any other website as other sites contain viruses.
- Check the model and OS of your canon printer. Now download the printer driver from the official website of the Canon printer.
- After downloading the printer driver, keep it in one folder.
- Now, you can close the internet browser.
- Next, open the start menu.
- Type control panel in the search bar and click on the top results of it.
- In the control panel, click on Hardware and Sound option.
- Now, click on the Devices and Printers option.
- Select the Add a Printer option.
- Click on the local printer option.
- From the list of ports, select the printer port for your connection.
- Click on the canon printer.
- Now, select your printer model.
- Click on the Next button.
- If you want to share your Printer with other devices, you can check on it and move forward.
- Click on the Next button.
- Now, select your canon printer as your default printer and click on the Finish button.
Hereafter completing the above steps, you will be able to connect the canon printer to the laptop. If you fail to connect the canon printer to the laptop or face any issue, then maybe it could be for a few reasons. Sometimes because of small mistakes, you couldn’t connect the Canon printer to the laptop. You need to check every aspect of the connection carefully. See if there is any mistake that happened. In many cases, users couldn’t find the Printer they have connected to their laptops, or the wrong printer drivers can cause the problem. Follow the ways to see why you are not able to connect the canon printer to the laptop.
1. Check the wire of your Printer.
It would help if you ensured that the cable you have attached from the Printer to the laptop is well connected. Sometimes the wire fails to connect with the USB ports properly. In that case, you can remove the cable once and try to insert in the USB port of the printer device and then insert it in the laptop’s USB port. Now check if the problem is resolved.
2. Check Printer is ON.
If you have a wireless printer, make sure you have turned on the printer power button. Sometimes you forget to turn on the Printer and wonder why your Printer is not connecting with the laptop. If your canon printer is off, turn it on. Restart your laptop and see if it is working.
3. Check Printer is offline.
Sometimes the offline status of the Printer device creates a stir. Check if your Printer is online or not. If it is not online, then change your printer status offline to online. After changing Printer’s position online, you will connect the canon printer to the laptop.
4. Download compatible printer driver
The wrong printer driver can create the issue of not connecting the canon printer to the laptop. Make sure you have downloaded the compatible printer driver. Check your model and OS, and now check your printer driver. If it is mismatched, download the printer driver who is consistent with your printer model and OS.