The Action Center in Windows 10 is the feature that allows access to various settings and utilities. It is the best feature to observe the different security and maintenance related to your operating system. It is essential to keep your System up to date. Whenever there is an issue occurs, Action Center is there to notify you. It doesn’t bother you repeatedly to tell you that there is an issue with your PC. With a simplified method, it gives you a notification to know that your PC is in trouble or need to update your System.
How To Open Action Center In Windows 10
You can find the Action Center icon on your taskbar with the sign of the white flag. If there is a cross sign on the white flag icon, that means your Windows Firewall is turned off. To make your Action Center work, you need to turn on the Windows Firewall. If you don’t know how to turn on the Windows Firewall, you need to follow the instructions.
- Open the start menu and type Windows Defender Firewall in the search bar.
- Click on the top results of it.
- On the Windows Defender firewall section’s left-hand side, you will see the Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off option. Click on it.
- On the next screen, click on the Turn on Windows Defender Firewall option in the private and public sections.
- Next, you need to make sure that you check the “Notify me when Windows Defender Firewall blocks a new app” option. The option will inform me whenever the Windows Defender firewall will block any new app in your System.
- To save the changes, click on the OK button.
Hence you will turn on the Windows Firewall, which is best to keep your computer secure.
Open the Action Center
The main focus of the article is how you can open the Action Center. The Action Center is available on your desktop. Or you can open it with shortcut keys. There are a few ways by which you can open the Action Center.
To open the Action Center in Windows 10 with taskbar’s help, you need to follow the instruction.
- Go to the taskbar, which is available on every desktop.
- On the taskbar, you will see the white flag icon.
- Click on it, as the white flag icon depicts that it is the Action Center.
After clicking on the white flag icon, you will open the Action Center in Windows 10.
The next method is to open the Action Center is via shortcut keys. To know the way, follow the instructions below.
- In any case, the taskbar is not shown on your desktop; you can use shortcut keys.
- Press Windows + A, and it will open the Action Center.
Hence, it is the easiest method to open the Action Center in Windows 10.
If you are using a touchscreen device, then you can use one more method. Sometimes, in a touchscreen device, the taskbar gets hidden. To know how you can use the process, follow the instructions below.
- In your touchscreen device, go to the right edge of your display.
- Swipe in, and you will be able to open the action center.
By following all the above methods, you can easily open the Action Center in Windows 10.
Unable to open the action center in Windows 10
If you cannot open the action center in Windows 10, that means you are facing some issues. The action Center is necessary for your computer as it notifies you about the problems in your System. When the Action center is not opening, you can apply some methods to solve your problem.
1. Scan the Drive
The first method you can apply is that you try to scan the drove. Sometimes the issue in drive creates various problems. Maybe if you are not able to open the Action Center, the drive is not working correctly. To scan the drive, follow the instructions below.
- Press Windows + X and choose the Command Prompt (Admin) option.
- In Command Prompt, you need to make sure you are running the software as an administrator.
- Next, type the command: scf/scannow
- Wait a while when the scanning is under process.
- The moment scanning will be done, and if there will be any error, System will tell you to solve it.
That is how you can solve the issue of not opening the action center in windows 10.
2. Restart Windows Explorer
The next method to solve the issue, you can try to restart Windows Explorer. The process is relatively straightforward, and you can do it by applying a few steps. To know how you can restart Windows Explorer, follow the instructions below.
- Right-click on the Taskbar.
- Click on the Task Manager option.
- In Task Manager, locate Windows Explorer.
- Right-click on the Windows Explorer process, and select Restart.
Here you will be able to restart Windows Explorer. You can check you can open the Action Center in Windows 10. If not, then follow the next method.
3. Perform a Disk Cleanup
Another method you can apply is to solve the issue is to perform a Disk Cleanup. Sometimes, the Disk has so many errors that it creates many cases on the computer. It can be a problem that your Disk is not correctly well maintained, which is why you are unable to open the Windows Center in Windows 10. The method will delete the temporary files, and you will get more free space in your drive. To apply the way, follow the instructions below.
- Go to the search bar and type Disk Cleanup.
- In Disk Cleanup, select the drive you want to clean.
- Under the Files to delete, choose the files you want to delete or the files that are not in use.
- If you want a file description, you can click on the File type.
- Click on the OK button.
Here you will solve the problem and will be able to open the action center in Windows 10.