Technology is getting so advanced day by day. The things we thought are impossible to happen now be happening in very straightforward and in the most comfortable ways. Have you ever thought of connecting one computer to another, and you can use one computer’s utilities and settings on another PC. Well, here is a thing. If you are far away from the system, which has all your essential files and data, in that case, you log in to another PC and tell someone to connect to your regular computer. In your new computer, you will be able to run your standard computer’s settings, files, and data.
Many of the users use TeamViewer and join.me apps. But they don’t know they have a built-in remote desktop feature on their computers. If you are using Windows 10 PC, you can use Remote Desktop within your computer as you don’t have to install any remote desktop app. Now, many of you don’t know how you can enable the Remote Desktop feature on your Windows 10 PC.
Also Read – Best Remote Desktop Software
How to Use Remote Desktop to Connect To a Windows 10 PC
Here we will tell you first how you allow the Remote Desktop; then, we will notify you how you can use Remote Desktop to connect to Windows 10 PC.
Enable Remote Desktop feature
Before you use the built-in remote desktop feature, you need to know how you can enable it without allowing the component to you cannot use it at any cost. It would help if you remembered the built-in remote desktop feature is only for the users who are using Windows 10 PC. The different versions of Windows PC users cannot use the feature as it is not available. To know how you can enable the remote desktop feature to connect to a Windows 10 PC, you need to follow the instructions below.
- First of all, open the Settings app.
- In settings, go to the System option.
- On the left-hand side, you will see the Remote Desktop option. Click on it.
- Now go to the right-hand side of the Remote Desktop section.
- You will see the Enable Remote Desktop option.
- Under the Enable Remote Desktop option, you need to look at the toggle switch.
- Turn on the toggle switch to enable the Remote Desktop feature in your Windows 10 PC.
- On the next screen, click on the Confirm option.
Hence you will be able to enable the Remote desktop feature. In any case, you fail to use the method; then there is an alternative of enabling the feature.
You can use System Properties to enable the Remote Desktop feature. To know the method, follow the instructions below.
- Open the start menu.
- Go to the search bar.
- Type advanced system in the search bar.
- You will get the results. Click on View advanced system settings option.
- In System Properties, Tap on the remote tab.
- Now, in the remote tab, you will see the Allow remote connections to this computer. Select the option.
- Make sure you also check the box of Network-level authentication for better security.
- It would help if you kept in mind that you enable incoming remote connections on the computer you are connecting with.
- Click on the OK button.
Here, you will enable the remote desktop feature, and now you can use it.
Use Remote Desktop to connect to a Windows 10
The moment you enable the Remote Desktop feature, now it is time that you know how you can use the feature. You can use the ancient method desktop app or the Remote desktop app to connect one PC to another. To do the method, you can download the Microsoft Remote Desktop app from the store. It is effortless and versatile to use. To know how you can use Remote Desktop to connect to a Windows 10 PC, you need to follow the instructions below.
- Start the app you have installed recently on your PC.
- First, you need to write a name for the computer.
- Next, type the IP address you are using.
- Select the Connect button.
- On the next window, you will see the Enter the Credentials option.
- Fill in the username and password which is used for the PC you are connecting to.
- If you connect from one PC to another frequently, you can check the box. Remember my credentials option.
- On the next screen, you will get the security message. You can check the box of Don’t ask me again for connections to this PC.
- Click on the Connect anyway button.
- Here you are, you can use the remote PC for configuration or for any work you want to use it.
- However, to configure the appearance, devices, or any other work, you can go to the app’s settings.
- In setting, click on Connection settings.
- In connection settings, you can change the settings according to your wish.
That is how you can use a remote desktop to connect to a Windows 10 PC.
In any case, you are failing to use a remote desktop to connect to a Windows 10 PC, and you follow the method to overcome the issue.
Check the status of Remote desktop protocol on a remote computer.
To know why you cannot use a remote desktop to connect to a Windows 10 PC, you can check the status of the Remote desktop protocol. To see the method, follow the instructions below.
- Press Windows + R and open the Run dialog box.
- Type regedt32 in the Run dialog box.
- Click on the File option.
- In the file, click on the Connect Network Registry option.
- Now, in the Select Computer dialog box, type the name of the remote computer,
- Select the Check names.
- Click on the OK button.
- Locate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server
- Now check the status, if the fDenyTSConnections key is one that means remote desktop protocol is enabled.
- If the fDenyTSConnections key is on 0, that means remote desktop protocol is disabled.
- Enable the RDP and change the value from 1 to 0.
Now, you can use a remote desktop to connect to a Windows 10 PC.