We click photos on our phones. Sometimes we want to transfer those photos to another phone or on our Windows PC. We send pictures to Windows PC so that we can keep them safe or edit them. We do photo-shoots from DSLR, and we also know how we can transfer our photos from DSLR to Windows 10. In some cases, users get confused as they don’t know how to import pictures from the Phone to Windows 10. There are few ways to transfer photos from cell phones to Windows PC quickly.
We will discuss five methods, which you can use to import photos from Phone to Windows 10. You can use any of the following tricks to get your work complete.
4 Ways To Transfer Pictures From Phone to Windows 10
Here are four methods to get your task done.
1. Import photos by using File Explorer
The first method you can try to import pictures from a phone to Windows 10 uses File Explorer. It is one of the straightforward ways to use it. Most of the users apply the trick as it takes little effort of them. To transfer pictures from Phone to Windows PC by using File Explorer, follow the instructions below.
- As you are using a USB cable, insert one end of the wire in the computer port and another on in the Phone’s USB port.
- Select the USB settings in the drop-down menu of your phone.
- Wait till Windows PC detects your phone.
- The moment Windows PC catch your phone, another Windows will be open, and you will see the option of internal storage.
- Click on the internal storage.
- You can find the photos by searching your Phone on Windows PC.
- Select the images you want to import.
- Copy the photos and paste them into your computer folder.
- Deject your Phone from Windows PC.
That is how you will import photos from Phone to Windows 10 by using File Explorer. If the method doesn’t work for you and Windows PC fails to detect your phone, you can try another way.
2. Import photos by using Dropbox
The next method you can try to import photos from Phone to Windows 10 by using Dropbox. To follow the process first, you need to upload pictures in Dropbox from your phone, then later, you can download photos in Windows 10. You need to keep one thing in mind that Dropbox has only 2GB of memory, so you can only upload limited images. To import pictures by using Dropbox, you need to follow the instructions below.
- Download and Install Dropbox first if you haven’t installed it yet on your phone.
- Open Google photos.
- Choose the photos you want to import.
- Click on the share button and upload the photos in Dropbox.
- Next, open your Windows PC. If you don’t have a dropbox app, it is fine as you can go to its official website to download the photos.
- Sign in to your Dropbox account.
- Select the photos you want to download; you can click on the empty square box to import all the pictures.
- Click on the Download button.
Your photos will be downloaded and imported from Phone to Windows 10.
3. Import photos by using Microsoft account
Another way to import photos from the Phone to Windows 10 is by using a Microsoft account. You can log in to your Microsoft account and can transfer your pictures by using it. To import photos by using a Microsoft account, you need to follow the instructions.
- First, you need to connect your phone to Windows PC by using a USB cable.
- In your phone select the USB settings by the drop-down menu.
- Open photos after your phone get detected on Windows PC.
- Choose the import option, and from the drop-down menu, select the USB device option.
- The moment software detects and scans your phone. It will show you all photos.
- You can select any photos you want. Click on Import Selected button.
Hence, it will import all your photos from Phone to Windows 10.
4. Import photos by using OneDrive
The last method you can try to import photos from a Phone to Windows 10 is using OneDrive. OneDrive is Microsoft’s storage solution, and it gives every user a 5GB of free storage. You can find OneDrive in File Explorer easily and can use it from there as well. Once you click the OneDrive option, it will ask you to log in to your Microsoft account. If you haven’t signed in yet, you need to fill in your Microsoft account credentials. For using OneDrive, first, you need to upload photos in the OneDrive app from your phone and later download from the app in Windows 10. To apply the method, you need to follow the instructions.
- Download and install the OneDrive app on your phone.
- Create or sign in to your Microsoft account in the OneDrive app.
- Go to Google photos, select the images you want to import, and click on the share button.
- Click on the OneDrive app to upload the images.
- Chose the path where you want to upload the pictures.
- Once you upload images in OneDrive, you have to open your Windows PC.
- Open the File Explorer and click on the OneDrive option.
- Sign in to your Microsoft account in OneDrive.
- Choose and download all the photos you want to import from Phone to Windows 10.
That is how you will be able to transfer all your pictures to Windows PC by using OneDrive.