The various issues in our PC frustrate us. We want every hardware device to run smoothly. Sometimes when we want to do something meaningful on our system, we face issues like the keyboard is not working or the display is not working. One of the problems is when the Mouse stops working in Windows 10.
Mouse not working in Windows 10 is a common issue, and it can occur for numerous reasons. When Mouse stops working, it becomes challenging to navigate your system. It is essential to keep the Mouse of your PC well maintained.
If you are facing mouse problems, you can resolve them in five ways.
Before you try five ways to resolve Mouse not working in Windows 10, you can try other fixes to eliminate the problem.
- Sometimes the wire of the Mouse doesn’t connect with the correct port. In that case, you can check if the wire of Mouse is rightly connected. If it is not connected, then connect it right there.
- You can try to plug the mouse adapter into different ports. It can solve your problem quickly.
- The next thing you can apply is to restart your system. After restarting your design, you can check if your Mouse has started working.
Update all types of Mouse Drivers in one click with DRIVER BOOSTER
Ways To Fix Mouse Not Working In Windows 10
If you are unable to resolve Mouse’s issue not working in Windows 10, you can try the five ways we are going to tell you.
1. Outdated or Incompatible Drivers
The main problem occurs when there are outdated or incompatible drivers on your computer. It is essential to update the driver. If you are using an incompatible driver, you have to replace it with the correct driver immediately.
To update the mouse driver, you need to follow the instructions.
- Press Windows + X and select Device Manager.
- In Device Manager, expand Mice and other pointing devices.
- Under Mice and other pointing devices, right-click on the mouse input you are using.
- Click on the Properties option.
- Select the Driver tab.
- In the Driver tab, click on the Update Driver button.
- Click on Search automatically for updated driver software.
After completing the above process, the windows will automatically scan your computer. You will be able to update the outdated mouse drivers.
If you have an incompatible driver or couldn’t find the automatic method update, you can try another way that is the manual method. In the manual process, you need to follow the instructions.
- Download the compatible driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it in one folder of your system.
- Follow the first six steps of the automatic method while updating the drivers. Instead of automatically clicking on Search for updated driver software, click on Browse my computer for driver software.
- Click on the Browse option and navigate the driver.
- Click on the Next button.
The compatible driver will be installed in your system. Thus, you can check if the Mouse not working in Windows 10 issue is resolved.
2. Mouse freezing and disappearing cursor
Whenever the mouse problem occurs, it also happens because of the corrupt Realtek HD audio manager. It created issues in both drivers; one is Mouse drivers, and the other is audio drivers. To resolve the Mouse not working in Windows 10 problem, you need to disable the Realtek HD audio manager. Follow the instructions carefully.
- Right-click on the taskbar and select Task Manager.
- Click on the Start-up tab.
- In the start-up tab, you need to right-click on Realtek HD audio manager.
- Click on the Disable option.
Now see if the Mouse is not working in Windows 10 problem is resolved.
3. Mouse lagging and beeping sound
The mouse lagging is another you face in Mouse not working in Windows 10 issue. Sometimes your Mouse lags terribly and also create sounds which affect you badly. To resolve mouse lagging and beeping sound, you need to follow the steps.
- Press Windows + X and click on the Device Manager Option.
- Navigate Human Interface Devices.
- Under Human Interface Devices, if you see XINPUT compatible HID, the next step can solve your problem.
- Download the latest version of the Xbox Wireless adaptor for Windows.
- Now go back to Device Manager.
- Right-click on the XINPUT option.
- Click on Update driver software.
- Click on Browse my computer for driver software option.
- Click on the Browse button and navigate the extracted files.
- Click on xinputhid and click on the Open button.
- Next, select the OK button.
Now check if your Mouse is lagging or creating any sound.
4. Touchpad Freezing
Another issue you face is when your touchpad gets freeze. So many users have reported that on many occasions, their touchpads get freeze. The problem can happen when the clash between Windows 10 touchpad driver software and the standard touchpad driver software you use occur. To resolve the issue, follow the steps.
- Open the start menu and type Mouse in the search bar.
- Select Change your mouse settings option.
- IN the Mouse & touchpad menu, you will see the Additional mouse options.
- Click on the ClickPad tab.
- Now, select the Settings option.
- Click on Advanced Tab.
- In the Filter, the Activation Time bar goes back to 0 seconds.
- Click on the OK button.
Check out if your touchpad is running smoothly.
5. NVIDIA Drivers
After upgrading to Windows 10, many users have complained that the mouse buttons are working, but its movement gets to stop. There is only one solution to resolve the issue, and that is to update the NVIDIA Drivers. The outdated NVIDIA drivers can cause the Mouse not working in Windows 10 problem. To update NVIDIA Drivers, follow the instructions.
- First, you need to go to the NVIDIA Drivers page.
- In the Dropdown boxes, select your NVIDIA product.
- Now click on Start search.
- You will see the latest drivers of the NVIDIA graphics card.
After getting the list of updates of the NVIDIA drivers, download and install it immediately, when you install the latest drivers of NVIDIA, your mouse movement will start working smoothly.
Hence, after applying the above methods, you will resolve Mouse not working in Windows 10 issue efficiently.