In Windows 10, Disk Management is an essential utility. Disk management uses for format and partitions a hard drive, it can resolve the disk-related issues, and it can change the drive letter. Through disk management, you can perform all types of storage-related tasks in Windows 10. The central part of Disk management is that it manages the storage of your computer efficiently. It uses to create, delete, and format partitions.
Sometimes when you want to Open Disk Management in Windows 10, you couldn’t do it because of its unavailability in the start menu. In many cases, it becomes a challenging task to find and open Disk Management in Windows. Here we are going to tell you the ways by which you can easily Open Disk Management in Windows 10.
How to Open Disk Management in Windows 10
There are five easy ways through which you will be able to Open Disk Management in Windows 10. Take a look and check out the ways you can try right now.
1. Use the WinX menu to open Disk Management.
The first way you can try to Open Disk Management in Windows 10 by using the WinX menu. It is one of the easiest ways to use it. Follow the instructions to try this very first way.
- The first thing you need to do is to press the Win + X. You will be able to open the WinX menu.
- You can open it by the press on the start button as well.
- Now after, pressing the Win + X, you will see the list of various utilities.
- Find Disk Management option and click on it.
That’s how you will be able to Open Disk Management in Windows 10 easily.
2. Open Disk Management via Run
Another way to Open Disk Management in Windows 10 is through Run. Those who don’t know you can open various applications or utilities via Run. To open the disk management, follow the instructions step-by-step.
- First, you need to press Win + R. It will open the Run dialog box. You can also open the Run by clicking right on the start menu.
- Type diskmgmt.msc in the dialog box of Run.
- Press enter or click on the Ok button.
The above instructions will Open Disk Management in Windows 10. That is also the easiest way to open the utility of your choice.
3. Use the Control panel to open disk management.
The control panel is the next thing you can use to Open Disk Management in Windows 10. How can you use it? For that, you need to read the instructions carefully.
- First, you need to open the Control Panel.
- Now, you will see the System and Security option. Click on it.
- In System and Security, you will find the Administrative tools section.
- Under the Administrative tools section, you need to click on Create and format hard disk partitions.
As disk management is used to create, delete and format hard disk partitions, click on the ‘Create and format hard disk partition’ option, the disk management utility will be open in Windows 10.
4. Use Windows shortcut to open disk management.
If you want anything on your desktop, you can make a shortcut to it. By making a shortcut, you don’t need to go anywhere. You just have to click on the desktop where the shortcut of the application you want to use will be there. You can make the shortcut of Disk management so you can open it easily whenever you want. To open the disk management in Windows 10 using Windows shortcut, you need to follow the instructions.
- To make a shortcut, first, you need to right-click anywhere on the desktop.
- Now the list you will get, from that list, you need to click on New.
- By clicking a New, you will get other options.
- Click on the Shortcut option.
- You will get the box; under the Type the location of the item you will get the search bar.
- Type diskmgmt.msc in the search bar.
- Click on the Next button.
Now, you will get the shortcut of Disk Management on your desktop.
5. Use Command Prompt to open Disk management.
You can Open Disk Management in Windows 10 by using Command prompt. It is not as difficult as it sounds. You need to follow the instructions to open the disk management via Command prompt.
- The first thing you need to Press Win + X. you will get the list from which you need to click on Command Prompt option.
- The Command prompt will be open.
- In the command prompt, you need to type diskmgmt in the cmd box.
- Press Enter.
After pressing enter, the disk management will be open.
Conclusion On ways to Open Disk Management in Windows 10.
These are the five easiest ways by which you can Open Disk Management in Windows 10. If you are facing any issue then write down the comment below and we will help you to fix the issue