However, one thing is for sure that if this issue occurs, then it can really cause an interruption in gamer’s communication which can further kill the spirit of gaming. This is why it is important to learn how to resolve phasmophobia voice recognition not working issue if it unfortunately occurs while playing your favorite horror game.
So, through this blog tutorial, we aim to suggest ways of resolving the Phasmophobia voice chat not working error. But before getting into the nitty-gritty’s, we will also walk you through the reasons that lead to the occurrence of this error.
Why does Phasmophobia voice chat not working problem occur
Phasmophobia voice chat not working problem can be a result of the following causes:
- Players are using incorrect sound settings.
- The microphone is not connected properly.
- Players have not passed the voice recognition test.
- The sound driver of the PC is out-of-date or corrupted.
How to fix Phasmophobia voice chat not working issue
In the below section, we enlist the most effective ways to resolve the issue with Phasmophobia’s voice chat service.
1. Perform the voice recognition test
You can take the game’s in-built voice recognition test to verify if the voice chat service is working or not. The steps to do so are elaborated below:
1. Open the Phasmophobia game and click on the Options button.
2. After this, hit the Test button located aside from the option of Voice Recognition.
3. Now talk on your microphone once you are indicated to do so.
4. If you see “We heard you!” on your screen, then it would indicate that the microphone and the game settings are working fine. If this fails to happen, then proceed to the subsequent fixes.
2. Rectify system audio settings
Sometimes, a simple problem like an issue with the system audio settings might be ruining the voice chat service of the game. So, here is how you can fix the sound settings of your system.
1. Right-click on the audio icon on your taskbar and choose the option of “Open Sound settings.”
2. Now check if the input device is reflecting the microphone that you are using at the moment.
3. Now, click the option of “Device properties.”
4. Ensure that the volume is set to 50 at least.
3. Check integrity of game files
You must verify if the game files are corrupt or missing. You can do so by checking the integrity of the game files and fixing them as well. Doing this might resolve the Phasmophobia voice chat not working problem.
1. Launch Steam and visit the Library section.
2. Now right-click on Phasmophobia to select the Properties option.
3. After this, navigate to Local Files and click the “VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES” button.
4. Try Network Reset
Sometimes a problem with the network reset can lead to problems with the voice chat service. Follow the below steps for a network reset:
1. Click Windows + I keys together to open the Settings window.
2. After this, click the Network & Internet segment.
3. On the Status tab, scroll down to click the “Network reset” option.
4. On the Network reset window, click the “Reset now” button.
5. Doing this will restart the PC and Windows will remove the network adapters to reinstall them later.
5. Update sound drivers
If the above fixes failed to solve the problem with the voice chat facility of the Phasmophobia game, then the last way to address the problem would require you to update the corrupted, missing, or out-of-date sound drivers.
You can either take the help of a third-party driver updater tool to update the audio drivers or do it manually with the help of the following steps:
1. Click Windows + X keys together and choose the option of Device Manager from the menu.
2. Scroll down to find the Sound, video, and game controllers and click to expand this section.
3. Now right-click on the sound driver to choose the “Update driver” option from the context menu.
4. After this, you will receive an on-screen prompt where you need to choose the option of “Search automatically for updated driver software.”
5. Wait for some time to let Windows update the audio drivers and then give your system a restart.
Frequent Types Phasmophobia Voice issues
- Phasmophobia mic not working – According to users, sometimes there mic stops working while they are playing the game.
- Phasmophobia not picking up mic – Sometimes in the game mic is not picking up the voice of the gamers.
- Phasmophobia voice recognition not working – This is another problem that can appear while playing this game. Follow the below steps to fix this issue.
Resolved: Phasmophobia voice chat not working issue
So, folks, now you know that the issue with the voice chat facility of Phasmophobia is certainly not caused by phantoms but by other causes. You have also understood how to troubleshoot the voice chat issue not working on Steam.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I enable voice chat on Phasmophobia?
You can enable voice chat on the Phasmophobia game through the game settings. You have to go to the game settings and toggle the Local Push to Talk button to on position.
Why can’t my teammates hear me in Phasmophobia?
It could be because your microphone is not on or you haven’t enabled voice chat on Phasmophobia.
Can you play Phasmophobia without a mic?
No, you cannot play Phasmophobia without a microphone because it facilitates the option of voice chat. Therefore, before starting a gaming session, you must check the mic and other audio settings.
Can you be in Discord while playing Phasmophobia?
Yes, you can simultaneously be on Discord while playing the game of Phasmophobia on Steam; however, it spoils the experience. Some players might even consider that you are cheating if you are using Discord simultaneously.