The users often set up the PIN to sign in to their account. When you try to open Windows 10, you apply the PIN first. It would help if you had a Pin to access Windows 10. Sometimes, we forget the PIN and unable to open Windows 10. In many cases, because of some internal issue, we fail to access Windows 10 by signing in with the PIN.
If you don’t access Windows 10, after entering the Pin, you don’t need to worry as sometimes, we get an issue like that. It is widespread, and you can solve the problem by applying a few methods.
To know the methods to fix pin sign in issues in Windows 10, you need to look at the further article.
Fix Pin Sign in Issues In Windows 10
Numerous methods can help you to fix pin sign in issues in Windows 10. There is no one particular reason behind the case, and it can occur because of so many grounds. You can apply various methods and know the actual cause behind the issue you are facing. Here are a few ways in which you can try to fix the sign in problems in Windows 10.
1. Delete everything from the Ngc folder
The first method you can try to fix pin sign in issues in Windows 10. Sometimes, the content in the Ngc folder can create the issue you are facing. At that time, you can remove everything from the Ngc folder to try to fix the problem you are having with your computer.
- Firstly, you need to sign in to your Windows 10.
- For that, you can use a password, as the PIN is not working.
- Go to the Start menu.
- In the start menu, click on File Explorer.
- Try to locate Local Microsoft.
- In LocalMicrosoft, you will see the Ngc folder.
- Right-click on the Ngc folder.
- Select Properties of the menu.
- In properties, go to the Security tab.
- Click on the Advanced button.
- In Advanced settings, navigate the Owner section and click on the Change option.
- You will see the Enter the object name, type Administrators.
- Now, click on Check Names, and later on click on the OK button.
- On the option of “Replace owner on sub containers and objects,” check the box.
- Click on the Apply button and then select the OK option.
- You will enter into the Ngc folder.
- In the Ngc folder, select all the files and folders and delete all the data you have in the Ngc folder.
After completing the process, check it out if you can fix pin sign in issues in Windows 10.
2. Remove your antivirus
The next method you can try is to remove your antivirus to fix pin sign in issues in Windows 10. It is ubiquitous that when you install third-party software on your Windows PC, you face numerous problems. If you have antivirus software on your PC, you can uninstall it for a while so that you could fix the issue you are facing.
You don’t have to do much; you only need to open your Windows. Uninstall the antivirus software you have on your computer. If your problem gets solved, you can try any other antivirus program. If your issue is not resolved, you can reinstall your antivirus software as it is proven that the third-party program in your Windows PC is not responsible for the ping sign issue you are facing in Windows 10.
3. Recreate your PIN
The best way to overcome the Pin sign in, you can try to recreate your PIN. Sometimes, your PIN behaves weirdly for no reason. In that case, you can remove the PIN password first and can later play it. It is a simple method to try to fix the pin sign in issue in Windows 10. To know the way, follow the instructions below.
- First of all, open the Settings app, or for an alternative, you can press Windows + I shortcut keys,
- In the settings app, go to the Accounts option.
- Locate the Sign-in options.
- In the Sign-in section, scroll down and locate the PIN section.
- Under the PIN section, click on the Remove button.
- In the next window, you need to confirm that you want to remove your PIN.
- Enter the password in the bar and click on the OK button.
- After removing your PIN, you need to recreate it. For that, go back to the PIN section.
- Under the PIN section, click on the Add button.
- Enter the PIN you want, re-enter it again.
- Click on the OK button.
That is how you can fix Pin sign-in issues in Windows 10. As if your PIN is not working, you can recreate it so that you can use it again. Because sometimes we forget the long password, but we can fill in the PIN to access our Windows 10.
4. Use I forgot my PIN link.
If you don’t wish to remove the Pin and recreate it, I forgot my PIN link option. If you don’t have the password, you can apply the method to fix Pin sign-in issues in Windows 10. To know how you can use the way, you need to follow the instructions below.
- Firstly, open the settings app.
- Locate to the Accounts option.
- Now, go to the Sign-in options. Scroll down to the PIN section.
- Under the PIN section, click on I forgot my PIN link.
- You will get the confirmation message to reset your PIN for signing up to Windows 10.
- Click on the Continue button.
- Afterward, enter the New PIN and type the PIN, which you can remember every time.
- The moment you fill in the New PIN, you need to click on the OK button.
The users who have complained that they face Pin sign in issues follow the above method and reset the PIN. It will be able to fix pin sign in problems in your Windows 10.