Windows 10 creates numerous issues when we choose to upgrade to it. We often face problems regarding the operating system.
One most common problem that occurs when we decide to upgrade to Windows is the Printer problem. The Printer problem in Windows 10 is not a big issue. After an upgrade, the Printer shows no support to the operating system.
The Printer is an essential part of the computer if we are into business. What we type or create on our computer, we take out through the Printer only. That is why it is essential to resolve printer issues.
If we are going to fix printer problems in Windows 10, there are few steps by which we can apply to resolve the issue we are facing.
Solutions To Fix the Printer Problem In Windows 10
There can be several causes that can create the printer problem in Windows 10. If there is a cause, then there is a solution for it as well. To resolve the issue, we need to know the real problem which is happening with the Printer. You need to check all the aspects of the Printer you think, which can be the device’s problem. If you find any problem, you need to resolve it as soon as you can. Follow the solutions to fix the issue.
1. Unplug and restart your Printer
If your Printer is not working, then you can try to unplug it first. Sometimes when the Printer creates a problem, you can solve it by unplugging it or restarting it. Many users have reported that whenever their printers stop working, they unplug it or restart it, and it fits in their favor.
Many problems occurred when we upgraded to Windows 10. Windows 10 comes up with so many common issues, but sometimes we don’t have to solve it in other ways. It can be solved by only restarting your Printer or by unplugging it once. Try to unplug your printer and plug it back in. Check if the problem gets solved or not. Next, you can restart your Printer and check again if the issue is still there. If unplugging or restarting the Printer doesn’t solve the problem, you can try other ways to fix it.
2. Check cables or wireless connections.
To resolve the printer problems, you need to see if your Printer cables are rightly connected. In some cases, the wire of the Printer gets disconnected accidentally. We couldn’t get to know about it sometimes. If you have a wired printer, check if all the cables are correctly connected.
In case you have a wireless printer, you need to check in your computer that Printer’s wireless option is available or turned on. Sometimes you don’t know where the Printer’s wireless option is located; you can find it by following the Printer’s website’s instruction.
You can try to run the Printer’s connectivity test. If you are still facing the problem, then try to fix the printer problem in windows ten by applying the other solution.
3. Reinstall your Printer
If your Printer is not working, you need to uninstall it first and reinstall it later. It can solve your problem. Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall your Printer.
- Open the start menu and go to the search tab.
- Type control panel in the search tab.
- Click on the control panel.
- In the control panel, select Devices and printers.
- Now in Devices and Printers, Right-click on the Printer you want to remove.
- Click on the Remove device option.
- Select any remaining printer and search for Print server properties.
- Now, click on the Drivers tab.
- Highlight the Printer you are removing and select the Remove button.
- Click on Remove driver only and select OK.
After uninstalling Printer, now reinstall it.
- Open the start menu and go to search.
- Type control panel and click on it.
- In the control panel, select Devices and Printers.
- Click on Add a Printer.
- You will find the list of Printer which you need to add.
- Click on the Printer you want to install.
Here you will be able to reinstall the Printer. Check if the problem is still there.
4. Update the Printer driver
The outdated version of printer device can create the problem more often. Check if your drivers are updated or not. If it is not updated, then update it as soon as you can. Follow the steps to update your printer driver.
- First, go to the control panel.
- In the control panel, select Hardware and Sound.
- Select the Device Manager. It will show you all the hardware devices which are connected to your computer. Select the Printer option.
- Now under the Printer, right-click on the Printer, you want to update the drivers.
- Select the Update driver option.
- You can choose automatically or manually updating the driver. Choose automatically to update your printer drivers.
- If you don’t find any updating, then you can manually install the drivers by going to the manufacturer’s website of the printer driver and select the driver you want to install.
- Download the drivers you want to install.
- Run the installer to complete the process.
Here your printer drivers will be updated.
5. Run the Printer Troubleshooter
In many cases, running the printer troubleshooter can fix the problem. To restore the printer problem in Windows 10, try this solution by following the instructions.
- Right-click on your Windows start menu.
- Go to the settings.
- Now select the Update and Security.
- Next, select the Troubleshoot option.
- In the troubleshooting section, you will find the Getup and running.
- Get up and running, click on Printer.
- To start the Troubleshoot, click on Run the Printer Troubleshooter.
- You will get the list of Printer. You need to select one of the printers, which is relevant. If your Printer is not listed, then click on My Printer is not listed and click OK.
Now Windows 10 will start finding the problem your Printer is facing. If there will be any problem, the troubleshooting will show it and tell you to resolve it.