Best ways to retrieve old snapchat messages and recover deleted messages. Snapchat provides you a feature of saving your chats/ conversation to view later. Every Snapchat message vanishes within 10 seconds if you haven’t saved it. All you have to do is to long press the message(s) you want to save and it will turn Grey in color which means it has been saved. If you open a contact then all of your saved messages will appear there.
But what if you want to recover the message received a month ago?? How to recover those deleted messages?? Well, we have provided a few tricks to do so. You should try them-
How to Recover Deleted Messages from Snapchat Without Computer
The amazing fact to know is that even though the messages were deleted after 10 seconds. They were not completely just-vanished but were actually stored in your device’s File Manager in the form of .nomedia files that means other apps should neglect them.
However, you can access these files in just a few steps-
- Open ‘File Manager’ application on your device.
- Explore the files with .nomedia extension.
- You need to rename all the files removing .nomedia extension and you will be able to view the messages.
This method is a bit complicated, only to find these files is tough enough. But this is all you have got. There are other methods as well to recover data with the help of some Data Recovering Software. But we can’t guarantee the results from any of these processes, maybe you will not be able to recover those important messages again. But, let’s give it a try-
Retrieve Deleted Messages on Snapchat
How to Retrieve Snapchat Data on iPhone
There is an iPhone Data Recovery App named FoneLab. This app can recover your deleted messages on Snapchat in just a few steps-
- Firstly, download and install FoneLab App on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Now, you need to connect your iPhone/iPod or iPod device with your PC using a USB cable.
- Wait until your iPhone enters Recovery Mode.
- Now, you will see a ‘Start Scan’ button on your phone, press on it and start scanning.
- All the data read from your device will be displayed in FoneLab Tool.
- In the menu given left-side on the app screen, click on the option ‘Messages’.
- These messages will also contain Snapchat messages.
- Select the messages you want to retrieve.
- Now, click on the ‘Recover’ button provided at the right bottommost corner.
- Destine these messages in a folder and hold for some time until the recovery process ends.
By this way you can easily recover snapchat messages on iphone and make use of it easily. Above is given snapchat message recovery app
How to Recover Snapchat Messages on Android
Well, here is an advantage for you guys as this FoneLab Application works for Android devices as well but with a slightly different procedure. Let’s check it out-
- Download the FoneLab App for Android on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Now, connect your phone to the computer through a USB cable.
- Wait for a few seconds until the tool detects the device.
- Now, go to the Android Data Recovery section in the FoneLab app.
- You will be asked to choose the files you want to recover. You need to select ‘Contacts & Messages’
- The rooting process has been started, you need to wait for some time.
- After completion, you will see all the deleted messages here. You need to select the messages you want to recover and press on ‘Recover’ button.
By this way you can get snapchat messages back easily. This is one of the the best way to see snapchat chat history recovery. There are lot of times in which users have query that how do I see old snapchat conversation so I think this blog is helpful for recover deleted snapchat messages on android and iPhone without computer.