It is a digital world, and to keep our documents safe, we prefer to save everything digitally in our system. We keep our written records digitally so we can use it whenever we want. In other words, we scan our written documents, so we don’t have to carry the hard copy of our papers everywhere. There is a chance that we can lose our pieces, so we decide to keep them digitally.
We scan the documents by using the software tool given by the developer. There is an optical device through which printers and scanners contain the drivers and other tools, but manufacturers offer the online drivers and tools if you don’t have an optical device on your PC.
You need to know how you can scan documents in Windows 10 without installing the third-party tool. Thorough two tricks, you can scan the documents without using the third-party tool, but first, you need to figure out if your scanner is compatible enough for Windows 10.
The scanner’s manufacturer can provide you the drivers, but it is essential to know if the device is compatible with Windows 10. If you have an past scanner, then there are chances that it will not be consistent in Windows 10. You need to go to the network settings and figure out your compatible scanner.
How To Scan Documents In Windows 10
There are two ways by which you can scan documents in Windows 10.
The first tool by which you can scan documents in Windows 10 is Microsoft scan. It is a visual upgrade to older Microsoft’s scan tool. It means this all depends on our printer what features it provides you, but it deletes the fax and other email components. It is the best tool to use if you don’t want to install the third-party tool in Windows 10.
To scan documents in Windows 10 by using Microsoft scan, you need to follow the instructions.
- Go to the Windows scan app available on the Microsoft store.
- Click on the Get button.
- The software will install on your system. To launch the software, click the Launch button.
- In another way, after installing the software, you need to open the start menu.
- Type Scan in the search bar and click on the top results of it.
- After clicking on the Scan you will get the numerous categories and options.
- To expand the menu, you need to click on the Show more link.
- In first, you will the Scanner name. Below that, you will see the source you need to select the Auto-Configured option.
- In the Auto-Configured option, you will get the File Type and Save file to category.
- Suppose you will select the Flatbed option, as sometimes you have only this option available in Windows 10. In the Flatbed option, you will get two categories one is Color mode, and another one is Resolution (DPI).
- In the Color mode option, you have to scan documents in full color, in grayscale, or black and white.
- In Resolution settings, you can select 100 to 300 DPI.
- If you select the option Feeder as your scanning source, you will get two more categories: First is to Scan both sides and Page size.
- After choosing your source, in file type, you have four options that are PNG, TIFF, Bitmap, and JPEG .
- Next, In Save File To option, you can locate the scanned document in the location you want to. You can have it in the Pictures folder.
- Click on the Scan Link.
- In File Explorer, you can select a folder where you want to save the scanned document.
- Click on the option named Select Folder.
- Now insert your document to scan it.
- In the Flatbed Source option, you will get the Preview option, but you will not see the Preview icon in the Feeder Source option.
Hence, you will be able to scan documents in Windows 10 by using the Microsoft scan.
Windows Fax and Scan
To scan documents in Windows 10 by using the Windows Fax and Scan, you need to follow the instructions.
- Open the start menu.
- Type Windows Fax and Scan in the search bar and click on the top results of it.
- In Windows Fax and Scan, click on the New Scan option.
- In the New Scan, you need to make sure that the program is set to the default scanner. If it is not, then click on the Change button. Choose the scanner which is applicable.
- Now, click on the drop-down menu of the scan profile. Choose the profile which is suitable for you, be it Documents or photos.
- Next, select the source of the scanner. You can choose a flatbed source, and you will two more options: Feeder (Scan one side) and Feeder (Scan both sides). You can select any of the options.
- Choose Paper size.
- After that, you need to select the color format.
- Next, you select the File type and resolution as per your choice.
- Adjust and change the brightness and contrast.
- Insert the document and click on the Preview button.
- If your documents look acceptable to you, click on the Scan button.
Therefore, it will scan documents in Windows 10 by using Windows Fax and Scan.