A Microphone is a vital tool for communication. In the pandemic, many people have to do work at home. There can be so many noises around you at home, so to kill that noise, you can use microphones so that you could easily focus on your work. More than that, if you are a gamer, then the Microphone is essential for you. Through Microphone, you will able to connect with other players if you are playing multiplayer. Even if you want to hear the sounds of the game clearly, you can use a Microphone, which will help you focus on the game more. If you have the best gaming headset, you need to set it up properly. If you fail to set it up efficiently, you will not enjoy your game.
There are various types of Microphones in the market. Every person has its own choice to select the Microphone he wants to use. There are three types of Microphones which you can use.
3.5mm jack: 3.5mm jack is the oldest Microphone in the market. It has two wires, one is for audio, and another one is for Microphone. It would help if you chose the Microphone to plug it into your system.
USB: The USB microphone is similar to a 3.5mm jack. It gives you the best experience when choosing to plug it into your PC and use it to hear the songs or play games. If we talk about its quality, it has the same rate as the 3.5mm jack.
Wireless: The wireless Microphone is the most popular in the market right now. It has no wire, which limits you to go here and there. It has fantastic quality, and it is best if you want to play games on your computer.
To Set up Microphone in Windows 10 is not a challenging task; you only need to know a few steps by which you easily connect microphones to your PC.
Set Up USB microphone in Windows 10
If you want to set up a USB-powered microphone in Window 10, you can do it with ease. If you have purchased a USB microphone that comes up with its software, then the first step you have to do is install software on your PC. After installing software on your PC, you need to follow the steps.
- First, you need to pug-in the Microphone.
- In the taskbar, you will see the speaker icon—Right-click on it.
- Click on the Sounds option.
- The Sounds windows will be open. Click on the Recording tab.
- In the Recording tab, you will see the list of all connected microphones.
- Check the Microphone you have connected set on the default device. If it is not placed on the default device, then right-click on the Microphone you have recently merged with your PC.
- Select Set as Default Device option.
- Now, click on the Microphone.
- Select configure option.
- In the speech recognition window, select Setup Microphone.
- The Microphone setup wizard will be open.
- Click on the Microphone you have connected with your PC.
- Select the Next option.
- Now read the instructions carefully and click on the Next button.
- You will see the next microphone setup wizard screen. Now speak into the Microphone.
- The lower soundbar will move to the right when you speak. If it does, that means your Microphone is working.
- Click on the Next button.
- You will get the confirmation that your Microphone is setup successfully.
- Click on the Finish button.
Hence, your USB-powered Microphone will be set up successfully on your computer. You can enjoy all the features of your Microphone now.
Set Up Wireless Microphone in Windows 10
If you want to Set up a Microphone in Windows 10, which is wireless, you need to use another method. The method to connect Bluetooth microphone in Windows 10 is easy. In today’s world, gamers prefer wireless Microphones to play their games. Wireless Microphone doesn’t have any cable connection with your computer, so while playing the game, you can move quickly anywhere. There will less risk if you use a wireless Microphone in Windows 10. To Set up a Microphone in Windows 10, you need to follow the instructions carefully.
- First, you need to ensure that your wireless Microphone is on. If it is off, then turn it on right now.
- In the Windows taskbar, you will see the Bluetooth option.
- Right-click on the Bluetooth icon.
- Click on the Add a Bluetooth Device option.
- The Bluetooth & other devices window will be open.
- In Bluetooth & other devices, check if the Bluetooth toggle is turned on. If it is off, then turn it on.
- Now click on Add Bluetooth or other device option.
- In Add a device, select the Bluetooth option.
- When you go to the next windows, you will see your microphone device in the list. If the device is not on the list, then check it out if your Microphone is on. If it is listed, select the microphone device.
- Once your wireless Microphone is paired, you will see the confirmation in the next window.
- Click on the Done button after your Microphone successfully gets paired.
Test A Microphone in Windows 10
Once you Set up Microphone in Windows 10, you need to test if your Microphone is working correctly. To check your Microphone, you need to follow the instructions.
- In the Windows taskbar, Right-click on the Speaker icon.
- Select the Sounds option.
- In the Recording tab, you will see the list of Microphones and see the sound meter right there of your connected Microphone.
- If the connected Microphone is grayed out and is on the disabled option, you need to enable it.
- Right-click on Microphone you have connected to your computer.
- Select on Enable option.
- Now, speak into the Microphone. If the sound meter goes green depending on how loud you talk, you have successfully set up Microphone in Windows 10.
- Click on the OK button to save your changes. If you haven’t made any change, then click on Cancel.