Have you ever thought of watching two windows on the same display at one time? If you haven’t heard or thought about it, then don’t worry because you will experience it. Yes, you can operate and see two windows at one time on one display. Technology is getting better day by day. It is giving us all the advantages we want. Whenever we run something, we always wish for more. Now, if you are going to do multitasking, we can use the method of split the screens in Windows 10.
How To Split Screen In Windows 10
Whenever we use the computer, we open the various windows to find the varieties to complete the task we have.
Now, Windows 10 is here for you to provide the split-screen in Windows 10. That means if you have a large display, you can have the two windows at one time on the monitor, and you can look at them at both. One screen stays on the left; another one is on the right. With your split screen in Windows 10, you can make your work easier and simpler. You find it challenging to copy-paste from one window to another by splitting them into a much easier way.
The split the screen between two programs in Windows 10
You can bring two windows opposite to each other on display. There are some fantastic built-in features of Windows 10, giving various advantages to the Windows PC users. To know how you can split the screen in Windows 10, you need to follow the instructions below.
- First of all, you need to choose the window which you want to split with another window. Click on the title bar of the window you will keep on one side of the display. Hold the title bar from your mouse cursor, drag the windows, and release the cursor when you move the windows to the one side.
- When you move one screen to one side, you will see the various screens on another side.
- Select the second program window, which you want to keep as the opposite of the first one window, which has moved to the side. Now you will have the two windows side by side.
That is how you can split the screen in Windows 10. The above method was to break the screens between the two programs. It was the easiest way to do the technique. But in any case, you want to have three or four windows at one time on the display, and you can do it also. There is a method to split the screen between three or four program windows.
The split the screen between three or four programs in Windows 10
If you have thought that you only could split the screen between two programs, you are wrong. You can easily split the screen between three or four programs. If you have more workload and want to save your time, you can use it to make your workload light. If you are great at multitasking, you can split the screen in Windows 10, where you do it between three or four program windows. To know how you can complete the method, you need to follow the instructions below.
- Choose the window you want to have on one side of the display. Move your cursor on the title bar of the window you have selected. Drag the window with your mouse cursor on the one side of the monitor; when the screen flashes, release your cursor.
- Now, go to the next window. Drag the window to the lower side of the display and carefully release the button when you move the window on the one side. Now you will see you have space to have more windows to place.
- On the left side of the display, you will see the numerous windows. You can choose the third window, whichever you want, and it will appear on the left.
- If you want four screens at one time, you need to click on the third window’s title bar. Drag it to the upper left corner.
- Now, you can click on the remaining window you want to on the lower-left corner. After selecting the window, it will appear in the lower-left corner.
Hence, you can watch and operate the four program windows at one time. After completing the process, you can see all the screens, and therefore that is how you split-screen Windows 10.
Unable to split-screen in Windows 10
If you ever face the problem of not split the screen in Windows 10, you can resolve the issue most easily. There are two methods which you can try to overcome the problem you are facing. To know the techniques, watch out the further article.
1. Run hardware troubleshooter
The first method to resolve the issue of not able to split the screen in Windows 10, you need to follow the instructions below.
- Press Windows + Q and type troubleshooting.
- Select the Troubleshooting option.
- Click on the View all option.
- Click on Hardware & devices.
- Now, you need to follow the on-screen instruction to run the hardware troubleshooter.
That is how you can resolve the issue. You can try the above methods to know how you can split the screen in Windows 10, and see if you are able to do it. If not, you can perform another method.
2. Windows Update
The next method you can try is to do the Windows update, and it will help you split the screen in Windows 10. To know the way, follow the instructions below.
- Firstly, disconnect all your devices except the keyboard & mouse.
- Restart your PC.
- Go to Windows Update.
- Click on Check for Updates option.
Windows will scan your PC and informs you about the updates you need to do. Update the drivers, the system tells you to do. Check it out if you are able to split the screen in Windows 10.