To operate your computer for a long time, you need to keep it in good condition. Your PC must run fast and responsive. If your PC gets slow, your operating system only lives a short life. When you start your computer, and along with that, many programs or apps get start automatically, it makes your computer slow and unresponsive. The startup programs affect the boot process of the computer. The reason why the apps start when you start the computer is can be the auto-update option. When you turn on the auto-update option, it runs any app or program. To make your boost process fast and responsive, you need to disable startup program or apps in Windows 10.
When you decide to disable startup programs or apps, it speeds up your computer. Moreover, you can only run the application or plan when it needs to be run. It ensures that your laptop is improving and increasing its performance.
It is not a challenging task to disable startup programs or apps. There is an easy method to disable the option. With this approach, you will be able to stop the startup program and enhance your computer’s performance and speed.
Disable Startup Program In Windows 10
Let us get to know how you can disable the startup program in Windows 10.
Disable Startup program
If you want to increase the boot process and your PC’s speed, you need to follow the instructions to disable startup program in Windows 10.
- The first step you need to take is to right-click on the taskbar.
- You will get the options and select the Task Manager option.
- In the task manager window, click on the startup tab.
- Select the status box, and you will get the list of all the programs that begins when you start your computer.
- Select the app you want to stop and right-click on it.
- Click on the Disable option, so the application doesn’t open when you start the computer.
- If you’re going to enable any app or program, you can right-click on that and choose the Enable option.
That is how you will be able to disable startup programs in Windows 10, which are affecting your computer abruptly. Later, if you need an app or program, you can enable it as well. But for the sake of your PC’s good performance, you have to disable startup program so you can use your PC for a long time.
Check the program app in the task manager.
You need to cross-check the program app in the task manager. Sometimes the program app can hang your PC and can also slow down the performance of it. You need to check the program app to see if it is suitable for your PC. If the program app is enabled, you don’t need to worry about it, but you can be sure if your PC is not facing any problem by cross-checking.
Follow the instructions to check the program app in the task manager.
- Right-click on the Name Tab.
- Now, click on the Command Line option.
You will get to see the .exe files, which are related to the app. So you can see if the app is an issue for your PC. If the program app is from the Microsoft team, then there is no problem you can face in the future because of the app. If the program app address you don’t recognize, you can find it on your File Explorer and delete the .exe files, so you didn’t get affected by the app.
Set Custom App to run on startup
After you disable startup program, you can create the custom app to open when you start your computer. You get the list of all the programs in the task manager. But other than that, if you want to create your custom app, you can make it run on startup. To set the custom app, you need to follow the instructions.
- Press Windows + R and open the Run dialog.
- In the Run dialog, type shell: startup and press the OK button.
- The file explorer window will be open; you can create any shortcut app here and set it to run on startup.
If you want an example, then here it is.
- Press Windows + R and open the Run dialog.
- Type shell: startup and press OK button.
- Now, the file explorer will be open.
- Right-click on the file explorer.
- Click on the new option.
- Then you need to click on the Shortcut option.
- Click on the Browse option and locate the .exe file.
- Now, select the Next button. Give the name to your shortcut file.
- Click on finish.
Here you have successfully set the custom app to run on startup. The app will begin when you start your computer.
In case you are confused about what kind of apps or programs you need to disable to keep enhancing your PC’s performance, then here we have a list of that. Check the apps or programs, and later you can safely disable it to increase your computer’s speed.
- QuickTime: You get to open the web content through this app. You can disable it safely.
- Adobe Reader: Adobe Reader is for professionals. If you are using the PC for personal work, you can disable it.
- Skype: If you don’t use Skype on your PC, you can disable the app.
- Cyberlink YouCam: If you don’t need the Cyberlink YouCam program on your PC, you can disable it without any worry.
- Evernote Clipper: You don’t need Evernote clipper as the startup program; you can safely disable it.