In many cases, users prefer to use a touchpad and not a traditional mouse. Sometimes when we use the two-finger scroll, it suddenly stops working. It can be many reasons behind the issue. To resolve the case, you need to know the root cause of it. Once you get to see the reason behind the Two-finger scroll not working on Windows 10, you will be able to fix the issue immediately. Before you try to find out why the problem you are facing, you need to know about the Two finger scroll first. Read the guide on ways to fix two finger scroll not working on windows 10
Fix Two Finger Scroll Not Working on Windows 10
Two-finger scroll is available on the laptop. It works as a mouse, and it is also known as the laptop touchpad. You don’t use a mouse on a laptop as you prefer to operate a two-finger scroll to move your cursor and select the icons you want. Sometimes, when the two-finger scroll stops working, you get highly annoyed. In that case, you don’t get how you can resolve the issue. When it comes to a laptop, the two-finger scroll is more critical as it is equal to the PC’s mouse. The Two-finger scroll not working in Windows 10 issue occurs when you disable it in the mouse settings. You can enable the options and fix the problem right there. Otherwise, you can use various methods to resolve the issue you are facing.
1. Enable Two-Finger scroll from Mouse settings
As we have discussed earlier, the two-finger scroll not working on windows 10 issue can happen because of Mouse properties’ disable option. Try to enable it so that your two-finger scroll starts working back. To resolve the case, you need to follow the instructions below.
- The first step you need to take is to Press Windows + I and open the settings app.
- In settings, select the Devices option.
- Click on the Touchpad section.
- On the right-hand side, locate the Scroll and zoom section.
- Under the scroll and zoom option, check Drag two fingers to scroll option.
Here you will be able to enable the settings of your laptop touchpad. After completing the above steps, you need to check if your two-finger scroll is working. If it is still not working, you don’t need to worry as you can try another method that can help you resolve the issue.
2. Change the Mouse Pointer
The next method you can try is to change the Mouse pointer. You can try the trick to resolve the Two-finger scroll not working on Windows 10 issue. To fix the problem, follow the instructions carefully.
- Press Windows + R and open the Run dialog.
- In Run, type control to open the Control Panel.
- Now, click on Hardware and Sound.
- You will get to see the Devices and Printers option.
- Under Devices and Printers, click on the Mouse option.
- In Mouse properties, select the Pointers tab.
- In the Scheme drop-down menu, click on any scheme of your choice.
- Select the Apply button.
- Click on the OK button.
Check if the two-finger scroll is working. If the issue is still there and your laptop touchpad is still not able to use you can move to another method and try another trick to fix your problem.
3. Rollback Touchpad Driver
When the incompatible driver gets installed in Windows 10, we face various issues. Maybe the wrong Touchpad driver you have recently installed is occurring the problem with your laptop. Sometimes you get the subject when you download and update the latest drivers. In that case, you can roll back to the previous driver. To overcome the Two-finger scroll not working issue, you need to follow the steps carefully.
- Press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click on the OK button.
- The Device Manager will be open.
- Locate and expand the Mice and other pointing devices.
- Select your touchpad device and right-click on it.
- Click on the Properties option.
- Select the Driver tab.
- In the driver tab, click on the Rollback driver button.
- Click on the Yes button.
Once your driver rolls back, you need to restart your laptop. Sometimes you get to see the Rollback driver is grey. If it is like that, that means the rollback option is not available for you, and you can’t use this method. In that case, you can try another approach to resolve your problem.
4. Update Touchpad drivers
Update all types of Drivers in one click with DRIVER BOOSTER
The outdated drivers can reason behind the two-finger scroll not working issue. To resolve the problem, you need to update the Touchpad driver. To complete the method, you need to follow the instructions below.
- Press Windows + X and click on the Device Manager option.
- In the device manager, locate the mice and other pointing devices option.
- Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
- Right-click on your Mouse device and click on the Properties option.
- Go to the Driver Tab.
- In the Driver tab, click on Update driver.
- Now, click on Search automatically for updated driver software.
Windows will scan the latest drivers for you. You can update it after that. If you are unable to look at the latest, you can download the compatible touchpad driver. For that, you need to follow the first six steps of the above instructions. For further steps, follow the instructions below.
- Click on Browse my computer for driver software.
- Click on Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.
- Click on the Next button.
- Uncheck Show compatible hardware option.
- Select the PS/2 compatible Mouse option and click next.
After updating the driver, you can restart your computer. Check if your laptop touchpad is working.