Realtek HD Audio Drivers are mainly Sound drivers. We all know the sound is an essential part of the computer. To listen to music, hear the video, or play multiplayer, we need sound for that. When we use our system and face issues like no sound, sound not working, or sound creates hustle, or headphones are not working. In that situation, we have to update the Realtek HD Audio Drivers in Windows 10. Realtek HD audio drivers are part of the sound drivers in Windows 10.
The outdated Realtek high definition audio driver can make your sound drivers suffer or system crashes. It is essential to update Realtek HD audio drivers on time; otherwise, it can create more future issues.
Update all types of Drivers in one click with DRIVER BOOSTER
- 1 4 Ways To Update Realtek HD Audio Drivers In Windows 10
4 Ways To Update Realtek HD Audio Drivers In Windows 10
You can Update Realtek HD Audio Drivers in Windows 10 by applying a few methods. Here we are going to talk about those solutions which you can use to update the drivers.
1. Update Realtek HD Audio Drivers with the help of Device Manager
The first method you can try to Update Realtek HD Audio Drivers in Windows 10 with help of the Device Manager. It is the easiest and straightforward method to apply. To test the solution, you need to follow the instructions.
- Press Windows + R shortcut keys and open the Run dialog.
- In the Run dialog box, type devmgmt.msc.
- Locate the Sound, games and controllers option and expand it.
- Right-click on the Realtek HD Audio.
- Select the Update Driver option.
- Next, select Search automatically for updated driver software option.
Now, wait till the whole process gets complete. Now you get all the latest drivers in front of you, and you need to install them once you Update Realtek HD Audio Drivers in Windows 10, close the Windows and restart your computer. In case your Windows PC already has the latest drivers installed, you will get the message ‘The best driver software for your device is already installed.’ You can try another option to install the drivers manually. Follow the instruction for that.
- Follow the first five steps of the above instructions. This time select the Browse my computer for driver software.
- Click on option name Let me pick from the list of available drivers on my computer option.
- Click on the Next button.
- Select the right driver from the given list.
- Click on the Next button.
Install the latest drivers and restart the PC. Check if the sound issue is still there.
2. Install and Download Realtek HD Audio drivers by using OEM manufacturers.
You can manually download and install Realtek HD Audio drivers by using the OEM manufacturer website. To update the drivers manually, follow the instructions below.
- Open the browser and go to the official website of Realtek HD Audio.
- Go to download page and locate the option “PC Audio Codecs”.
- Under PC Audio Codecs, choose the latest driver option which is available.
- If you cannot find the latest drivers, you can choose AC’97 Audio Codecs Software or choose High Definition Audio Codecs Software.
- If you are confused about which driver is better, download High Definition Audio Codecs Software if you have a new system. In case you are using the older system, you have to choose AC’97 Audio Codecs Software.
- The moment your system completes the download process, you need to click twice on the setup.
- Follow on-screen type of instructions to install Realtek HD Audio Drivers in Windows 10.
Here you will be able to Update Realtek HD Audio Drivers in Windows 10. In case this method doesn’t work on your PC, you have another solution as well.
3. Update the Realtek HD Audio Driver automatically.
Another method is that you can Update Realtek HD Audio Drivers automatically. It is the simplest way to update your sound drivers if it is not working. To update the drivers automatically, you need to follow the instructions.
- The first step you need to take is to open the Settings app.
- In settings, choose the Update and Security option.
- Go to Windows Update.
- On the right-hand section, Tap on the Check for Updates option.
If there are drivers who need to be updated, you will find it after the scan. If you find any of the updates, you need to install them immediately on your PC. Now, you need to check if your sound drivers are working. If it is still not in using the mode, you can try another method. There is a final solution that you can apply to Update Realtek HD Audio Drivers in Windows 10.
4. Add Legacy hardware
The last option you have to Update Realtek HD Audio Drivers is to add legacy hardware. The method is easy to apply, and it will not take much effort. You can do it quickly. To add legacy hardware to Update Realtek HD Audio Drivers, you need to follow the instructions.
- First, Press Windows + R and open the Run dialog box.
- In the Run dialog box, write devmgmt.msc and click on the OK button.
- It will open the Device Manager.
- On the Device Manager, locate the video, Sound, and game controllers option.
- Now, Tap on Action.
- In Action, click on Add the legacy hardware.
- Select the Next button.
- Choose the Search for and install the hardware automatically (Recommended) option.
- Next, download the drivers manually.
Conclusion – Realtek HD Audio Drivers In Windows 10
After saving all the changes you have done, restart your computer. Here you will be able to Update Realtek HD Audio Drivers in Windows 10.