Cortana is the most impressive feature of Windows 10. Many of the users use it as it makes their work easy. Like Siri works on iPhone and Cortana works in Windows 10. It would help if you spoke ‘Hey Cortana’ and it follows all your instructions. You don’t need to use mouse and keyboard devices if you are using Cortana. The Cortana recognizes your voice, and if you tell her to search for something, it will do it for you. If you instruct Cortana to play something, it will stream it for you. Cortana is one of the most useful features in Windows 10.
Some users don’t get a chance to use Cortana because of its absence on their computers. Many of the people have complained and questioned why it isn’t Cortana Available on my Windows PC? They didn’t know how they will get Cortana on their Windows PC. There can be times when you don’t find Cortana, and at that time, you can use a few tricks to overcome the issue you are facing. The problem is expected when you are not able to find Cortana on your Windows PC. If there is a problem, then it is evident that it has solutions too. To know how you can get back the Cortana in your Windows PC, you need to read out the full article.
Solutions to the error ‘Why isn’t Cortana Available on my Windows PC.’
If you are here to know how you can get back the Cortana in your Windows PC, then you are right place. Here we will tell you a few tricks you can use to make Cortana available on your Windows PC. You can use few tricks to overcome the issue ‘Why isn’t Cortana Available on my Windows PC.’
Region & Language
It is essential to know that Cortana is available in only in few places. You need to know which areas where you can use Cortana, are. After learning the sites, you can change the settings of Region & Language and set it to the other country where Cortana is available. First, you need to know in what places you can use Cortana on Windows PC.
To enable Cortana, get to know in which countries Cortana is available.
China: Chinese language (Simplified)
United Kingdom: English
United States: English
You can change any region or language you want if you wish to run Cortana on Windows PC. You need to keep in mind that if you change the Region & language, you will not be able to shop at the Microsoft store and couldn’t purchase anything from it. If you have memberships and subscriptions, you won’t play the films or videos if you change your original Region & language. That is the vital thing you should know while changing your Region & language for enabling Cortana on your Windows PC.
Now, you know how you can change the Region & language in the Windows PC. It is easy to do it, and you only need to follow the instructions to make your Cortana work. If you want to resolve the error ‘Why isn’t Cortana Available on my Windows PC,’ you can follow the steps below and, after that, quickly make your Cortana work.
- First of all, you need to open the settings app.
- In settings, select the Time & Language option.
- After that, click on Region & language.
- Now, check out the languages which help you to enable Cortana on your Windows PC.
- If the language you are finding is not available, you can add the language manually.
- To add the language which is not available, you need to click on Add a language.
- Choose your language which you want to add. It is recommended that you add the English UK language.
- Now, click on the newly chosen locale.
- Later on, click on Options.
- Next, below speech, you need to click on the Download button.
- The moment the download finishes, you need to go back to Time & Language.
- Now, click on the new language you have added and set it as default.
- It is time to change the Region, so you need to click on nation or region settings. It would be best if you made sure that the Region you chose corresponds to the language you have selected before.
- Go back to time & Language settings and click on the Speech option.
- Now, change the Speech settings and make sure it matches with the previous settings you have done.
If it doesn’t work for you, there is the last step which you can use.
- Go to the Time & Language settings.
- Click on the Add Language option.
- Click on the Methods of the language you are utilizing.
- After that, Below Windows show language, select the Make default show language.
- Restart the PC when all the settings are done.
Now you need to check if you can use Cortana on Windows PC.
In any case, if it still doesn’t work, you can do Windows Update as sometimes the outdated windows don’t support Cortana.
That is how you can overcome the issue ‘Why isn’t Cortana available in my Windows PC’ and after that you can use the Cortana feature.
- Enlarge Your Start Menu In Windows 10
- Customize and Control windows 10 settings with Cortana
- Download Windows 10 on Your PC
- Video Playback Settings In Windows 10
- Split Screen In Windows 10